5

Listening to music, you stare at the dorm room ceiling. You can see shuffling around you, knowing it is Jamieson.

"Stop moving around."

He stops, but only for a second, going right back to whatever he was doing. After a few minutes, you sit up, groaning. He waves, a cheery smile on his face, a newly found whiteboard on his lap.

'Hi!' he writes.

"Hello." you respond, thinking out loud. "Am I talking to my hallucination? Yes I am. Is it healthy? Probably not. Are you answering your own questions because you are literally talking to yourself? Of course. Now, shut up me."

Jamieson gets up suddenly, throwing the board on the ground, signing furiously.

You stand there for a few seconds, bored, until he stops. "Can I remind you I can't understand sign?" you say, voice lowkey annoyed. He has only been here for a few hours, but already it's getting frustrating.

Picking up the whiteboard, he writes on it again.

'WELL THEN LEARN IT'

You shrug. "It wouldn't do anything. you're a hallucination caused by my own brain, and I don't know sign. You wouldn't make sense anyways."

'I AM REAL'

"Yeah, sure. When pigs fly."

He smirks, taking your computer, looking up something then showing you an article. You read through it, laughing.

"Okay, I'll admit that's a good one, but technically they didn't fly, they were thrown by a catapult."

He chuckles, an airy breath coming out of his mouth.

'At least I tried.'