Chapter 2

*Y/N P.O.V*

I'd survived my first few classes and I was standing in the hallway with Dante at my locker organising my books as Linsey walked over to us with a pile of flyers. "Party tonight at my place, stop by if you get the chance", she said as she handed me one of the flyers before walking away to another student. Dante, still flustered, was begging me to go the minute Linsey walked away. "Come on! We have to go, you'd do the same for me", he gave me his best attempt at puppy eyes and continued whining. "Will you stop if I say yes?", he nodded. "Finee", I moaned, "but your finding us a lift.."
"deal!" he smiled back just in time for the bell. We gave each other one last smile and headed off to our classes for the rest of the day until Linseys party.

Thank god, the school was finally out. Dante had football practice after school so I walked home alone, my mind full of dread thinking about all the awful things that could go down at Linseys party. I SOOO didn't want to go but I couldn't let Dante down, not after seeing how excited he was when I agreed to go. I told myself I'd just have to suck it up and go.

I got home and immediately rushed to my room, trying to avoid as much conversation as possible. "Uh- honey, what's the rush?" my Mom asked. Unfortunately my plan to get to my room unbothered was a complete fail. "nothing.., oh, that reminds me, I'm going to a party tonight, if that's good with you?" I responded. Part of me wanted her to get all parenty on me and tell me I couldn't go. "Will Dante be with you?"
"Of course."
"Then it's fine with me, tell him I want you home by 12", My Mom trusted Dante with my life, as long as he's with me I could practically do anything. "Alright, see you Mom", I said while slamming the door behind me. I sat down on my bed and pour the heaps of home work out from bag and across the bed. I rushed through it trying to complete it all before the party. Hours had past and the pile went from a heap of books to a couple of pages. Eventually I'd finished it all leaving me with nothing to distract me from the party. I went to grab my phone and saw 2 miss calls and 1 text from 'dumbass <3' which is what I saved Dantes contact under;

dumbass <3
hey, call me

I called him back and got an answer within three rings. "What's up?" I asked,
"you all set for tonight?", my head back filled up with dread.
"Don't remind me." I groaned,
"awh, come on y/n, it'll be a laugh",
"yeah I guess you're right.."
"hey well you better get ready, I'll be over to pick you up in an hour!"
Crap- was that the time? Who knew time went by so fast when doing your homework.
"See you then",
"Bye!" he called out before ending the call. I began searching through my wardrobe right away, trying to find something 'nice' to wear that I could slip on in time. I ended up finding a cute denim dungaree dress, a soft yellow sweatshirt and a pair of polished dr martinis. All ready! I couldn't be bothered with makeup knowing I'd be too tired to wash it off when i got back.

I heard the door bell and I rushed down stairs in hope that no one else in the house had answered it. I opened up the door to see Dante in a plain white hoodie, a pair of black jeans with perfectly groomed hair. "Wow Dante, you scrub up well" I said as I ruffled up his hair. "So where's our ride?" I asked. "Shit.." he whispered. "Are you kidding me? You had ONE job!" I cried. With a lack of car Dante had to find something to convince me to go to this party and the only way I was going was if i had a ride so he carried me on his back all the way to the party. I felt pretty guilty when he had to hull me up the hill but a promise is a promise.

We arrived at Linseys house to see what I would call ... hell! We were all 16 so we weren't 'legally' allowed to drink, but there was always some kid that would spicy up the punch. The place was a MESS! Red plastic cups all across the front yard and fairy lights that were practically falling off the house. After Dante caught his breath he grabbed my arm and and pulled me into the hell hole that people called 'a party'..

to be continued...