Chapter 11

*Y/N P.O.V*

I was sitting in my room with only a couple hours til the party. I tried to scrub up a bit and rummaged through my closet for a decent outfit. I found a simple black dress and slipped it on with a pair of white converse. I was almost ready to go when I realised I was still stuck for a ride. I didn't want to bother Matteus asking him for a lift so I decided to just walk. I began walking and I was about half way there when I realised I'd forgotten a jacket. It was freezing, my walking turned to running and soon enough I was there.

The place as usual looked like a hell hole. I walked in and immediately spotted Dante and Linsey. She walked up to me and welcomed me to the party with Dante close behind. I thanked her and walked off into the kitchen. I saw Matteus and the others around the punch bowl drinking, Riley was already drunk. "Hey y/n, come drink!" Riley slurred. I honestly wasn't in the mood to drink, let alone party. I turned down his offer and sat down on the kitchen counter. Matteus sat down next to me and put his arm around me, "whats up?" he asked, clearly not completely sober. I moved his arm off me and said, "I guess I'm just not in the party mood." Matteus got up from the counter and grabbed another drink,"well you know where I am if you need me," he smiled. I slid off the counter and headed into the living room. I looked around for a place to hide.Eventually, I found a quite closet. I opened the door and stood in shock. Inside was Linsey and a random boy making out. I couldn't believe it, Dante was going to be heart broken. I quickly shut the door and turned around in hopes that no one had seen but it was too late. I looked around the the room and saw Dante by the door, frozen. After a few seconds he ran off. I went after him and followed him to the porch. I sat down on the step next to him and tried my best to comfort him despite how things were between us recently. "I'm so sorry Dante.." I said putting my hand on his shoulder.
"it's fine.." he said trying to hold back his tears.
I knew this was going to happen, Linseys a heart breaker. It hurt so much to see him upset, all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around him and tell him everything was going to be okay, but it wasn't as easy as that. "I really thought she loved me.." he cried. he turned to my and his eyes were full of tears. I move closer to him and gave him a tight hug and told him, "I'm sorry, she didn't know what she's missing." At first I'd caught him of guard but after the initial shock he hugged me back. "Maybe we should head home, you can stay at my place if you want.." I offered. I didn't want him to suffer alone, I know things between us were pretty rough but I still love him and he's still my best friend. He agreed and we got up and began walking home. The walk there was pretty quiet, mainly just little sobs from Dante. He was clearly trying act all tough about it but I know how much he was hurting inside.

We got back and everyone in the house was asleep. We decided to crash in the lounge so I turned on the tv for some distraction and Dante flopped onto the cough trying to calm himself down. "Can I get you anything?" I asked sitting beside him. He stayed quiet, his eyes still full of tears. "I'll just get us drinks and a few snacks.." I said walking into the kitchen. I felt so bad for him. Linsey is pure evil..

to be continued..