New Mission [5]

After the USJ failure, Shigaraki had become obsessed with finding All Mights weakness. He stayed up all night analysing his every move, and even resorted to stealing Midoriya's hero notes. They didn't seem to give him any new information, which only infuriated him more. Kurogiri knew that it was best if the owner of said 'useless' notes had conveniently gone out before they were reduced to a pile of dust, so he decided to find the moss haired boy. He eventually found him, curled up in a ball on his bed, facing the wall silently.

"Midoriya, Shigaraki is in one of his moods again, I need you to go out for a bit so he doesn't do something he would later regret." The mist headed man informed the freckled boy in front of him and made a portal for him so he wouldn't go out the front door and have their hideout found out about.

Midoriya reluctantly stepped through the dark abyss, a familiar wave of light headedness and dizziness coursed through him. His feet were now firmly planted on the concrete floor of a narrow and dark alleyway, people of all shapes and sizes passing the thin opening. He quickly made his way out into the streets and just walked around the city. As he made his way downtown, he spotted an explosion of ash blonde hair inching closer and closer in his direction. He brushed it off as just another civilian going through their day to day routine, until his shoulder was roughly grasped and before he knew it, the very same ash blonde boy had pushed him into an alleyway branching off of the main street.

The dim light sneaking it's way into the narrow alley dully illuminated part of the blondes face. Realisation struck the freckled boy as he stared in shock at his childhood 'friend'.

~Flashback~

"Hey, Deku!" The spiked blonde growled from across the playground. The green haired boy quickly turned to lock eyes with the blonde, his usual bright smile adorning his features.

"Hey Kacchan!" He warily yet happily spoke. Before he knew it, he was pushed to the ground roughly, the taste of dirt and filth manifesting in his mouth. "Hey! What was that for?" 'Deku', as the spiky boy had called him, attempted to lift himself off the ground, only to be pushed back down again. The spiky blondes associates snickered behind him as the freckled boy was met with the hard and coarse dirt once again.

"That was for being a useless Deku!" 'Kacchan spat venom at the emotionally vulnerable boy beneath him, whilst slurring the nickname he gave him. "What kind of loser doesn't even have a quirk? You're a mistake, a freak!" A sudden thought crossed Kacchan's mind as he chuckled lightly. "You wanna be a hero, right? Well maybe you should be one and sacrifice yourself, make some room for someone who actually has a quirk."

The boys harsh words stung at 'Deku's' heart as he lay in the dirt, tears drenching the soil.

~Flashback~

The freckled teen sneered bitterly at the blonde and attempted to walk out of the alleyway, only for the others hand to harshly wrap itself around his own arm, rendering escape impossible.

"What the fuck? I thought you were dead?!" Bakugo aggressively spat, to which Midoriya only chuckled softly.

"You wish."

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" The blonde raised his voice in annoyance.

"How can you be that much of an idiot? You never cared about me! You never considered me a friend! You wanted me to die so I would be out of your way." Midoriya spat angrily, clenching his fists until his skin turned white. A light chuckle came from the small freckled boy as he looked up to the sky. "You ruined me, I intend to return the favour." Midoriya smiled maniacally at the ash blonde before bringing his fist back and swooping down to connect the knuckles with Bakugo's face. The speed of the punch not allowing any time for the explosive boy to react.

Just as soon as the blonde recovered from the hard blow, he lifted his angry gaze to an empty space where the forest haired boy had once stood.

"What the fuck?" Bakugo fumed softly, as his mind raced with paranoia and concern.

. . . . .

Chuckling lightly to himself, Midoriya stealthily slipped out of the narrow alley, and continued on his journey to the supermarket. He knew that the league didn't actually need anything from there, it was just Kurogiri trying to protect the freckled boy from getting injured by their bad tempered leader. By now, he was used to it, Kurogiri had been treating him like a son since the day he was taken in by the league, and every time Shigaraki had gotten particularly frustrated, he opted to take out his anger and frustration on the smallest and most vulnerable.

As he made his way out of the store, he found his feet leading the way. He was often the one to get the groceries, so he had memorised the exact route he had to take to almost any of the supermarkets in his area.

Allowing his feet to drag him back to the base, he took the opportunity to admire his surroundings. The illusion of bright orange fire playing on the surface of the windows, dancing in blinding patterns and hues. A small smile too played at Midoriya's lips as he passed by the mesmerising scene before him. The small boy began to find himself lost in his thoughts as he made his way back to the place he calls home.

Stepping into the dark, damp hallway, the freckled boy silently crept through the rows of doors and made his way to the bar, where Kurogiri was cleaning glasses as per usual.

"Hello Midoriya. I trust you bought what we needed." The mist headed man greeted the freckled teen.

To this, Midoriya simply nodded before whispering a quiet, "hopefully!" And proceeded to pack away the items he bought, which consisted of milk, eggs, various fruits, and bleach, for the occasional blood stained clothes that find their way into the laundry basket.

The misty villain merely nodded his head in approval at the selection of groceries, before turning back to his somehow always dirty glasses.

"So," a familiar voice rang out through the room, causing the two figures inside to bolt there heads up in the direction of the voice. "After that utter failure at USJ, UA have decided to continue running the annual sports festival. Unsurprisingly, we are going to be observing these kids to see what we're really up against. I want you," the yellow tinged finger of Shigaraki pointed itself directly at the moss haired boy as he continued, "to go undercover as a civilian and observe from a closer view to analyse these kids' quirks. You seem to like documenting on people a lot, so, find out everything you can about them and record them in that book of yours, make sure you get everything, including behaviour. If you leave anything out, I'll know." As he spoke, he made his way over to one of the bar stools and took a seat, Kurogiri sliding him a cold beer as he did so.

With that, Midoriya nodded his head quickly before leaving the two adults alone in the bar and walking to his room. As he stepped into his room, he immediately flopped onto his bed, face pressed against the pillow harshly. Although he was excited for a new mission, he hated the idea of seeing ST again. He knew that he hated him for being a villain, and every time he thought about his soulmate, his heart would break a little more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count: 1294

Hello,

So I have an idea for a plot line now, so yes I will be continuing this story, sorry for the hiatus thing. I didn't edit this chapter, so please be easy on me with grammar and punctuation, please do tell me if something in the story doesn't make sense and I'll try to fix it. Anyway, thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed!

-Steamie_Cheese