Ch.21

(Y/N) Pov:

Everything was, yet again, black.

I tried to open my eyes.

To my relief, when I opened my eyes, I could see light.

The light was so bright I had to squint, letting my eyes adjust to the harsh light rather than being used to the darkness of Hell.

Looking around now, I could see I was flouting in a bright blue sky with fluffy white clouds.

Something I've never seen ever since I died.

I looked down.

I gasped by how high up I was.

Down below, I could see bright green fields with a city in the distance.

I narrowed my eyes, trying to identify what city it was.

I saw the familiar outline of St.Peter's Basilica.

My eyes widen.

"Vatican City! I'm above Rome!" I exclaimed outloud.

"That is correct" said a strange disembodied voice.

Startled, I turned around, looking everywhere, trying to locate the source of the voice.

"Who's there?" I asked defensively.

The voice chuckled.

"Do not worry. I have not brought you here to harm you. I have brought you here becuase you have a choice to make" said the deep, ominous voice.

Whoever was speaking sounded as if they knew everything, ancient mysteries no one even knew about.

"A choice? What kind of choice?" I asked suspiciously.

"You have the choice to choose your fate. You are part Shadow demon, but, you are also part Exterminator. Very rare for when someone dies. You probably already know that when someone who was apart of the church has sinned, they become a half breed between Demon and Angel, or in your case, Exterminator. I have a half breed here in Heaven, you are the half breed in Hell. A sort of...balance...if you will" explained the voice.

"OK, but how did I get here? And what kind of choice do I have?" I asked.

"How you got here, you are in a sleep like state. Unconscious. Take a look at your wing" said the voice.

Confused, I looked at my left wing.

It was completely fine.

I looked at my right wing.

I gasped.

The gold part of my wing was cracked, while the galaxy-like skin making up the wing was ripped.

"My wing! What happened to it? And how am I floating!?" I asked, startled and shocked.

"You were in an explosion. You saved your friends by killing the Manniquin demon, Sarran, but you were not able to escape the building on time" said the voice.

"I'M DEAD!?" I screeched in shock.

"No, not yet, for you see, you have been blasted so high up in the air that you are currently falling. Over here, I have brought your concious here to give you a choice. You are still falling, but time works differently here. Over there, you are falling very slow, for every minute there, it's a second here. Time is moving much faster here becuase I have brought your concious here" explained the voice.

I didn't quit get what he was saying, but I just nodded.

"OK. What's my choice?" I asked.

"You have the choice to stay here in Heaven and join my ranks as an Exterminator. You'll be able to go down into Hell and exterminate any demons whenever I feel Hell is too overpopulated" he explained.