Ch.22

(Y/N) Pov:

It's been several days now.

Everyone was relieved I was ok.

I've been healing in the infirmary for a couple days while Baxter stayed close to my side, making sure I heal properly.

On his spare time when he's not busy with all the medical stuff, he would sit down on the bed next to me and tell me what's going on around the hotel.

"Hey (Y/N). Have you noticed how much Niffty has been cuddling Husk lately?" Asked Baxter, curious to hear my answer.

I thought about it for a minute.

"Yah, actually I have. She must really like him" I say, nodding in agreement.

"Do you think we should give them a little friendly push?" Asked Baxter.

I glanced over at him, raising my eyebrow.

He saw the look I was giving him.

"What?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"Oh, nothing. Just that YOU wanna help get two demons together is all" I say simply.

"Hey! I can be nice to the others too you know! I'm not some cold-hearted...mad... scientist..." said Baxter, trailing off.

He got my point.

"OK, I'll help. But only because I wanna see how this would all turn out. If this fails, it's your fault" I say, giggling.

Baxter nodded and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me close as I leaned my head against his shoulder.

Time skip

I was finally able to leave the infirmary!

My wing was fully healed too!

I could fly again!

My performances down at the bar were put on hold while I was healing, so the hotel guests would be thrilled to see I was all better and ready to perform again.

As for Niffty and Husk....

"Hey Niffty!" I yelled out, waving to the small Cyclops demon standing atop a high ladder while dusting a wall lamp.

Niffty turned and looked down from her perch on the ladder.

She smiled and waved.

"Hey (Y/N)! It's great to finally see you out of the infirmary!" She said as she quickly climbed down from the ladder and stood on front of me, holding her feather duster.

"So, in celebration for me getting well and not dying, me and Baxter were gonna go on a date back at Hell's Kitchen. We were thinking that maybe you and Husk would like to come and join us as well" I say, crossing my arms.

Niffty looked thrilled at the sound of a date.

"Sure! We'd love to come on a date with you two. It can be like a double date like last time!" She said excitedly bouncing and clapping her hands.

I chuckled.

"Alright. Meet us in the lobby around....6:30pm?" I asked.

She nodded.

"OK. See you then. I'll tell Husk the news!" She said happily, rushing off to go find Husk.

I chuckled to myself and turned to walk back to Baxter, who was currently waiting in the living room.