Ch.23

(Y/N) Pov:

Me and Niffty glanced up as the front door to the restaurant open for the 10th time.

Just a Wolf demoness and her husband, a Skeliton demon.

I sigh in frustration.

"Come on Baxter. Where are you?" I mumbled, leaning my elbow against the table, my fist against my cheek.

Me and Niffty have been waiting for Baxter to come back with Husk.

We've been waiting for twenty minutes.

I glanced over at Niffty.

The little Cyclops demon was sweating nervously, wringing her hands together.

"Niffty. It's gonna be alright. Baxter will bring him back and you can tell him" I say reassuringly.

She nodded.

The door opened again and we looked up.

I smiled when I saw Baxter walking into the restaurant with Husk following slowly behind.

"Managed to catch up to him before he got too far. He has something to tell you Niffty" explained Baxter, standing next to the booth we sat at.

"Niffty has to tell him something too. How about you two go somwhere more private to talk about it?" I asked, winking.

Baxter understood and nodded.

"Good idea (Y/N). You two go outside. Me and (Y/N) will stay here" says Baxter, sitting back down beside me.

"O-ok" nodded Niffty nervously.

She got up and scurried outside, Husk following close behind.

Me and Baxter exchanged glances and nodded.

We both got up and walked to the front of the restaurant.

"Excuse us? Would it be ok if you hold our table? We'll be right back. We just have to go and quickly check on something, then we'll be right back" I say politely to the waitress.

"Sure thing. Don't take too long" she said smiling and nodding.

"Thank you" I say.

Me and Baxter exit the restaurant and spotted Husk and Niffty rounding the corner into the allyway next to the restaurant.

We both hid just around the corner and listened to what was going on.

"H-Husk.....I-I...." started Niffty, but she was too nervous to continue.

Husk decided to take over.

"Niffty, you're a cute, beuatifull, tiny demoness. I'm an alcoholic, grumpy pussycat. You'd think that we'd never get along and be together because we seem like opposites. But opposites attract, ya know? Like...positive and negative magnets. What I'm trying to say is....I like you. More than just a friend. I just wanted to get the burden of that secret off my shoulders. It's ok if ya don't feel the same. I just-" said Husk, but stopped when Niffty shushed him.

"I like you too, you big fluffy kitty cat" she said.

Me and Baxter peeked around the corner and our eyes widened.

Niffty was gently holding Husk's face in her tiny hands and pulled him closer so he was down to her level.

She gently placed her lips to his so they were now kissing.

Husk's eyes widened and his wings stiffened before drooping down.

He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her tiny waist, pulling her up so she was leaning against his chest as they continued to kiss.