1

Yes, that's it. Keep staring.

Pansy Parkinson is so used in keeping her head up that she never get tired of doing it. In fact, she is keeping it higher now, while she sits in a compartment at Hogwarts Express, her short, black hair falling just abover her collar bone, her right hand playing with the blonde locks of none other than Draco Malfoy who happen to be lying comfortably in her lap.

And Pansy's used in smirking, too, especially when she's using it to mock envious Slytherin girls who pass by their compartment. She can bet 10 gallons everyone in their House woud want to be in her place right now. Envy, jealousy, resentment; the elements of fame-all wrapped into one-is being served to Pansy Parkinson and oh, how she loved it.

How she loved it.

"I hate school."

Surprisingly, those three words are enough to wipe the smirk out of Pansy's face. She stopped playing with Draco's hair and looked down on him in question. "Why?"

"Oh, come on, I've always hated it!" Draco looked away and heaved a sigh. "I can't wait to leave this place," he whispered, under his breath. But Pansy heard it.

"We'll soon be leaving this, don't wo-"

But assurance did not able to make it. In an instant, everything was dark. Of course, everyone panicked-including Pansy, though unlike the others, she remained quiet. Her voice have miraculously left her for a fraction of a moment.

After seconds, the darkness soon vanished, like a smoke. It was only then that Pansy was able to breathe-she did not even realize she was holding it for too long. She rested her back on the seat, but got back up quickly when he felt Draco's arm. Was it there before? She did not notice that her boyfriend was already sitting beside him, and is now fixing his coat. "What the hell is that?" he spat. Pansy could only shrug as a reply.

Draco looked more annoyed than ever. He, however, laid on his back again to pillow on his girlfriend's lap. Draco was just staring blankly on the rack above them when he noticed his baggage move. He blinked, for a few times to make sure he saw it right, but hardly convinced himself so he brushed the idea off his head. He sneered, as Pansy resumed in stroking his hair.

"Well, just like you said, we will be leaving the school soon...but I will sooner. I have no plans of going back next year."

"What?" It was only then that Pansy looked up to consult Blaise Zabini, who's sitting in front of them beside Crabbe and Goyle. Blaise, however, only shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, you never know," said Malfoy with the ghost of a smirk. "I might have - er - moved on to bigger and better things."

Pansy looked dumfounded. Blaise creased his forehead. Crabbe and Goyle looked at each other. Pansy ceased to say anything for a few seconds, thinking.

"Do you mean-Him?" she mumbled, and she was quiet surprised to realize she's a little bit scared...and worried.

"Well, mother wants me to finish my education but personally, I don't think that's even important these days. You see, when the Dark Lord takes over, would he care about how many O.W.Ls or N.E.W.Ts you have passed? Of course he isn't. . . . It'll be all
about the kind of service he received, the level of devotion he was shown."

"And you think you can actually do something for him? You're just sixteen," Blaise said with a hint of doubt. Pansy, on the other hand, was slightly amused with what she heard.

"I've said it, haven't I? What do you know, anyway? Maybe the job he wants me to do doesn't require much formal education. Some sort of a special task that does not need further qualification."