13

Astoria Greengrass stumbled in her place and almost fell over had Prohyas did not rush to catch her.

Gasps of surprise can be heard from the audience, and soon, worried mumbles can be heard all over the place. Daphne has rushed to her sister as well, and was followed by Blaise. Pansy hesitated at first, but walked slowly towards Astoria like the others. Draco seemed to be rooted on his spot.

"Is she going to be alright?" asked Anthony, who stands behind Pansy. Mr. and Mrs. Greengrass took their daughter from Prohyas and they talked about leaving the place sooner than expected. Daphne turned to Pansy, her eyes close to tears. "I'm sorry, Pansy but we have to go. The dance must've exhausted her-I told you she's sickly-"

"It's okay," replied Pansy to save Daphne from thinking of other valid words to say. "It's okay, we understand. Happy Christmas, and be safe, okay?"

Daphne pulled her into a tight hug without warning and let her go almost immediately. "Thank you, Pansy." She hugged Blaise, too and wished him a Happy Christmas, gave Draco a nod of goodbye before joining her family and Dissaperated with them.

Prohyas pointed his wand on his throat and assured the guests that everything's fine and they can resume the party. Caspian, who was also busy watching them from above, snapped back into senses and gestured the band to resume the music.

"What happened?" Robin joined their group as they proceeded to walk out of the center of attention. "Why did you switched partners?"

"There was something wrong in the formation," replied Blaise, casually leaning in the tall table that had just reappeared out of thin air. "The boys should be outside the circle and the girls inside. Draco and Marcus ended up inside that's why maybe we reshuffled."

"Speaking of, where are they?" said Robin, taking a good glance at the surroundings. It was Anthony Goldstein who replied, "Marcus is probably pigging in the desserts. Malfoy said something about going to the bathroom."

Pansy smiled mockingly. "He doesn't know where the bathroom is, it's his first time here. I'll go and drag him back, wait right here."

Without waiting for another reply, she squeezed herself into the pool of guests, who's now dancing to a groovy music from the band. She was about to take a good look at the hallway that leads to the restroom when Draco's figure caught her eye. She saw him exit the front doors, and followed him. Pansy noticed that his mother is standing not far from the door, which seems to be observing his son from afar, obviously not paying attention to Perseus Parkinson who's blabbering endlessly beside her. When they locked eyes, Pansy smiled and waved, before exiting the front doors.

Outside, Draco is standing near the fountain, and appears to be observing the water intently. The night breeze is frosty to the bones, and Pansy have to summon Lola the elf to bring her winter coat over so she could survive the cold.

It took less than five minutes for Lola to Dissaperate, get her coat and to Apperate back to give it to her. Pansy wore it around her shoulders before walking her way towards Draco. He glanced at her the moment he sensed her presence, before diverting back his gaze on the water.

"Well, that didn't turn out well, did it?" she said, breaking the silence. Draco snorted. "Who thought about that stupid dance, anyway?"

"Who else?" Pansy sounded more annoyed than she intended to. "My father, of course. He's taking a great pleasure in annoying the hell out of me since I failed to follow his orders of 'staying out of trouble' when I started school."

Draco seemed to be pleased with what he heard. "You are the problem, Pansy so there's no way you can escape yourself-that's suicide."

Pansy turned to face him and raised an eyebrow. "Wow," she began flatly. "The only reason I can't be out of trouble is because of you-you always put me in constant distress."