19

Their detention that night was moved next week on the same day, so the next thing they knew, the first day of the Apparition classes is starting. Daphne wished Pansy, Draco and Blaise good luck as they left the common room together and strided into the Great Hall. Draco looks sullen and upset like usual, Pansy wears her haughting look like she normally does and Blaise looks unhappy as Draco. The good thing is that after the encounter at her birthday, Pansy and Draco have ended the unusual awkwardness between them.

"Professor Flitwick is so cruel to have Crabbe and Goyle detention on the first day of the Apparition class," said Pansy after minutes of silence. "They can't seriously miss this one."

Before her companions could even reply, they have already entered the Great Hall; it's long tables and chairs gone and replaced by a huge throng of sixth year students. What's worse is that they came across Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley; each of them facing Draco, Pansy and Blaise respectively.

Pansy scowled at the sight of Hermione. "Just give the signal, Draco and I'll hit the mudblood for you," she whispered furiously at the corner of her mouth.

"Since when did he become in charge?" Blaise whispered back in exasperatedly. Pansy narrowed her eyes into slits as she looked at him in equal annoyance.

"‘Sup, Potter? The Chosen Friends of Mudbloods and Blood Traitors alike," jeered Draco, though he does not sound as energetic as he was as usual. Pansy did her role to giggle beside him while Blaise looked away and sniggered.

"What's worse with yours? I'd rather be friends with house-elves than those two who are with you," Potter spat which made Pansy's blood boil. "That's because you are that cheap!" she shrieked back.

"At least we can afford some manners," replied Granger. It was Draco who spoke again, "Funny manners can't buy you new robes or shoes," he said casting a side glance at Weasley. "I'm quite surprised Weasley was able to pay for the Apparition Classes."

"Funny Galleons can't buy a ticket out of hell, Malfoy," said Potter without missing a beat. "And I bet you can't Disapperate out of it, either."

"Come on, Potter," said Draco rather calmly. "Who said I'm trying to escape it? Besides, if given the chance—I'd rather buy you a ticket in."

The arousing conversation ended when Draco's eyes caught sight of Crabbe and Goyle entering the Hall. He immediately casted a last, scornful look at Potter before striding towards the two. Pansy and Blaise followed him with their gaze before moving to tail after him. However, they both gave Potter, Granger and Weasley a final look of repugnance before doing so.

Pansy and Blaise did not stop vilifying them until they assembled in front of the four Head of Houses with Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle beside them. Draco appears to be having a whispered argument among the two while the Heads of Houses called to be quiet as soon as the Apparition Professor began speaking in front.

"Good morning," he greeted. "My name is Wilkie Twycross and I shall be your Ministry Apparition instructor for the next twelve weeks."*

"We're not lying!" cried Goyle, waddling his arms wildly because of impatience. "Professor Flitwick made us go to Snape and we didn't want to!"

"And we didn't tell him anything at all!" said Crabbe. "Nothing, because you aren't telling us anything, either—and it's unfair! How come Pansy knows it?"

"Pansy does not know anything!" Draco lied through gritted teeth. "I told you—I alone knows my plan!"

"Who knows, maybe you accidentally told her while your drunk and you were—"

Draco pulled out his wand and pointed it threatingly at Crabbe. "Say another word and you'll die."

Twycross continued speaking in the same enthusiastic voice, "I hope to be able to prepare you for your Apparition Tests in this time—"*