12

Pansy did what her uncle advised her to do; she did her best to be a good daughter to her father for the mean time. She can't help herself in vilifying her sisters, but she's thankful they're not usually at home. Pansy would often spend her time playing the piano, talking to her mother's portrait about school, exchanging jokes with her uncle at her balcony, or going out with him to look for Christmas presents for her friends in Diagon Alley. Prohyas helped her in picking up handsome robes for Crabbe and Goyle, a golden manacle for Daphne, and a pair of Keeper gloves for Blaise. When it came to Draco, however, she refused to buy anything from Diagon Alley.

"I want to give him a Siberian Arrow," said Pansy as they share a Butterbeer in the Leaky Cauldron. "But that racing broom is still not available in London."

Prohyas snorted in his drink. "Bloody hell, Pansy-that costs almost 800 Gallons!"

Pansy gave a lazy shrug. "I take pride in being the 'wealthy girlfriend.' And I assure you, when he knew I gave him an expensive present, he would try to give me a more pricey one."

Prohyas was in the process of wiping his lips when paused, looking very confused. "But why'd you do that?"

"It's the pride doing the talking," replied Pansy with a laugh.

Despite being against her ideal present because it is 'extravagant,' Prohyas still volunteered to buy the broomstick himself in Siberia. Pansy still can't understand what she did to deserve an uncle like him.

There are also times where she have to deal with her sister's husbands, who are Carrow and Yaxley, and are Death Eaters respectively. There is a time where they had dinner together, a few days after Prohyas returned from Siberia, and they spent the entire hour slandering the Muggles and the Muggleborns alike. Pansy is used in vilifying, as they do it in the common room to the Gryffindors all the time, but the Death Eaters are doing it the worse way. Sometimes they'd go into detail how they tortured or killed someone, which makes Pansy very sick she instantly loses her appetite.

One time, so much to her fear and loathing, the topic shifted to her. Yaxley begun questioning her about Draco. "How's your boyfriend doing?" he asked with a sneer. "Been very surprised to know he's still alive."

Their cutleries are made of pure silver-thank good Merlin-because if not, Pansy would've bent them in her grip. Her companions laughed at the question, except for Prohyas. Athena did not waste the opportunity to get into her nerve, "Be quite, sweetheart. My poor sister doesn't know."

"She does not?" Yaxley turned slowly at Pansy who stopped eating and is looking at her plate furiously. "Why, silly girl, you must be proud! He's the youngest recruit...and the most recreant."

Again, the room was filled with evil laughter. Prohyas, who sits across him, chose not to laugh and whispered to her instead, "Don't mind them, don't mind them."

"But, I must say that his girlfriend has more nerve than him," said Carrow after seconds. "She dared to go out with the nephew of her grandparents' murderer?"

"Amycus," said Perseus warningly. "Not in my own house."

Carrow looked at him with disdain in his eyes. "You said you already forgave Bellatrix for what she have done? You swore to it, Perseus. You swore to it."

Athena held his husband in the arm just as he half rose in his chair, "Amycus, he didn't mean it-"

"Let me go, woman!" Carrow withdrew his hand harshly that he elbowed his wife's face. He rose from his feet and drew his wand, but Prohyas was quick enough to disarm him.

"We assure you of our loyalty, Amycus. But we don't want murder inside the house of our ancestors," he said, his wand pointed at Carrow. Yaxley was looking at them alternately, waiting for the need to join in. Carrow eyed the tip of Prohyas's wand and smirked, "The honor is yours, Prohyas."