4

"Blaise, wake the hell up!"

Blaise gave a jolt, then proceeded to wipe his lips to check if he'd drooled. Pansy glanced cautiously at the librarian, conscious if she had heard her raise her voice a little. When she realized Madam Pince is way too far to hear her, she spoke to her companion in a lower voice, "Bloody hell, Blaise-"

"I'm all awake now, okay?" Blaise whispered back, slightly annoyed. "It's just...it's too quiet-well, of course no one's in the right mind to go here at this time. Who would exchange Hogsmeade to a visit at the stupid library?"

Pansy glared at him, so he threw his arms in the air in defeat and grunted, "Fine. Have you finished the essay, St. Parkinson?"

Pansy recognized the sarcasm, but decided to brush it off. "Of course. Now if you don't mind, I'm leaving this place. You can continue sleeping if you want to."

"Certainly not!" answered Blaise, as Pansy began rolling up the parchment before strolling out the library. Blaise trotted beside her, yawning as he did so.

"Are we going to Professor McGonagall's office to fetch your boyfriend?" he asked after they ascended to the fourth floor corridor. Pansy shook her head. "No, I'm heading to Professor Flitwick's office to hand him Draco's essay. You go and fetch Daphne, and I'll meet you at the Three Broomsticks."

"But you said Draco himself must pass his homework to avoid suspicio-"

"Oh, I've changed my mind, alright. In fact, I regret doing this as well," Pansy cut him off, waving the parchment. "This is the first and last time that I wil do someone else's essay again."

Blaise failed to surpass a grin as hd looked at her skeptically at the corner of his eyes. "Is that so?"

"Yeah, now if you don't mind, Daphne is waiting, and the common room is that way." She pointed to the direction of the staircase leading to the dungeons, and Blaise headed unto it without complaining. She ascended to Flitwick's office, where the small professor is busy sorting the parchments with his wand.

"Good morning, Professor," she greeted at the open door. Flitwick stopped waving his wand and looked very surprised to see her. "Ms. Parkinson? Came to correct something in your essay? Ms. Granger went here as well and-"

"No, sir." It is not Pansy's nature to interrupt teachers, but being compared to Granger is the last thing she would like to hear. "I came to hand over Draco's essay, sir. He's in detention with Professor McGonagall, and he can't come over to meet the deadline."

"I see," replied Flitwick, waving his hand to collect Pansy's parchment. "That's very kind of you, Ms. Parkinson. I never expected that from-er-nevermind-surely you have no other business of coming, eh? Or is there anything else that I can do for you?"

Pansy flashed him her most charming smile before shaking her head. "No, sir. Thank you."

"Very well, very well. Off you go, then."

Pansy made a slight bow before turning her heels at Flitwick. As soon as she did, however, she rolled her eyes in disgust. "He did not expect it from me, eh? They really think we're that evil don't they? Argh-shut up!" She waved her wand dismissively at Peeves who started chanting, "Pansy is so funny, her name sounds so silly!"

She reached the front doors in no time, and some time later, found herself inside the Three Broomsticks, where she searched the area for her friends. Daphne waved at her and she approached them warmly in their table. "Got anything for yourselves, yet?"

"No, we're waiting for you," Daphne answered. Pansy placed her hand on her chest, pretending to be touched. "Aw, that's very nice of you-very well, I'll go get our drinks then."