three

Baekhyun cries out as his father's boot yet again connects with his stomach. It wasn't his fault he hadn't collected enough- but his parent's cruel words and nature had convinced him it was.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry"

He forces out through his choked sobs.

"I-I'll d-do b-bett-er t-tomor-row"

He promises helplessly.

"I know you will."

His father growls as he kicks him yet again.

"YoonSeok that's enough."

His mother frowns as she enters the room, placing a pot on the kitchen table as though what his father was doing was normal- and well, for them it really was. Baekhyun was rarely able to collect enough money, and it always resulted in the same thing- a beating. And as always, YoonSeok listens to his wife, walking over and sitting down at the table with nothing but a disappointed scowl. She places two bowls on the table, filling them both before looking to Baekhyun and putting the lid of the pot back on.

"Earn more tomorrow and you can have some okay?"

She smiles, her time too sweet for the cruel nature of her words, Baekhyun's stomach rumbling hungrily as they practically shove the food in his face.

"Now, you know the rules- no money- no food- no bed."

She says sternly as though telling a child they have a time out. Baekhyun however was used to this treatment, and simply nods as he struggles to his feet, limping out the door into the rain without a word. He knew it was coming, but everytime it does he hopes for them to change, to act differently and be kind to the poor boy who had done nothing to them.

"T-tomor-row...wi-ll be...be-tter."

He sobs helplessly as he sits on the now wet bench, his clothes already almost completely soaked through.

"I-it ha-s t-to b-e-e"

He adds, his voice barely audible as he sobs into his hands.

"Ple-ase le-t i-it b-e bett-er"

He begs helplessly, staring up at the sky with pleading eyes.

For once...