1 | ENDGAME

ONLY READ THIS ID YOU'VE SEEN AVENGERS ENDGAME!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 

THERE IS A SPOILER ABOUT A FEW EVENTS IN THIS ONESHOT.

ONLY READ THIS ID YOU'VE SEEN AVENGERS ENDGAME!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 

x

STEVE'S POV

Tony rips off the IV and the band and limps towards me "I'm done!" he snapped, ripping off his RT and placing it in my hands "you can keep that."

He falls limp and falls.

Leaning against the doorframe, I watched as Tony was hooked up to the machine. He's dying. I sigh and I just want to enter the room but I'm watching as Pepper is by his side. He was so weak and angry. 

He ripped off the RT and placed it in my hand "keep it," he said, I did. I'm hanging on a string of hope, it's getting slighter thinner every time I see him. 

Pepper looked up at me, stood and walked towards me "he'll be okay." Pepper assured me. I hope so. I really do. 

"Steve," Natasha called "are we doing this mission or no?" I gave her a nod, took one last look at Tony's dishevelled body and I got prepared. We're going to space. 

x

Once we came back, we sat there, mourning and grieving. We're too late. I got up and decided to visit Tony, I knelt down next to his bedside and grabbed his cold hand, his life is slowly regaining back. 

"I'm sorry, Tony," I whispered and stayed there for a while, thinking about everything. I pulled out the RT of my pocket that Tony had ripped from his chest earlier - I got a sticky note and pen.

I believe this belongs to you. I'm sorry.

-Steve. 

Chills ran through my body and I turned towards the team and I knew they all were hopeless. 

TONY'S POV

I woke up to find my RT on my bedside and a note. I'm confused but I read it and understood. I see the place empty and I hear things breaking from the room and shouting. "Thor stop!" I hear Steve shout "THOR!" pieces of glass broke.

"WHO CARES? WE LOST!" He shouts and throws something else. Silence pans across and they notice I'm awake. Head stirs towards me, Rhodey and Bruce race towards my room and they check my vitals. I can't keep my eyes off Steve. I notice the paranoia radiating off their faces and I hold up Steve's note so he can see it. 

He smiles at me and I give a weak smile back. Natasha notices and pulls Steve to another room. I feel better. Pepper rushes back in and hugs me. I'm healthier, I guess. 

x

A couple of weeks ahead and I can walk, I've moved out and built Pepper a home as I promised. We're planning to have a child. I guess dreams really do come true.

x 5 years later x

"Shit," I said in amazement, I hear footsteps and I see Morgan. "What are you doing up so late?" 

"Shit!" she exclaimed, I sigh. 

"We don't use that language," I warn her.

Shit!

Language!

Is anyone gonna acknowledge that Captain just said 'Language'?

Yeah...I know - It just slipped.

"What are you doing up so late?" Morgan asked me with curious eyes, "I got some important shit going on, come on let's get you to bed."

x

STEVE'S POV

We went to Tony's house. 

I remember carrying my broken shield and a broken heart as the battle was over, everyone saw what happened. He's dead. Gone. We all hugged and cried together. I regret it. Every fight we've ever had could have turned into friendship or more. That other day when Nat pulled me into the other room, she looked at me and gave a sad smile.

"You know it has to come one day, Steve."

I nodded, knowing what she meant by that, and here we are. Natasha's dead and so is Tony. We're at his funeral as we watched the flowers and his first arc reactor drift off into the lake. After the ceremony, we all gathered around and grieved together.

We'll lose.

Then we'll do that together too.

Like the old man said: Together. 

I notice I'm crying and I haven't cried at a funeral since Peggy's. Bucky is next to me and he hugs me, knowing my exact thoughts and my exact doubts. 

No more Iron Man. 

A/N: Endgame left me in pieces. I'm still mourning and I cried so hard near the end.