8 | Camera

a/n: I also put romantic music if you wanted to play that whilst reading IDK...so Steve and Tony record moments in their life.

"What are you doing?" Tony asked as he looked up from his desk and seeing Steve hold a camera. "Recording," Steve smiled, Tony smiled at him and got up from his chair. "Who is this for?" Tony said, playfully knocking the lense with his the end of his pencil. Steve followed him around the lab. 

"This is for our future selves," Steve replied as he recorded Tony and DUMM-E give a tour around the lab. "This is uh...the experimental space? I'm not sure what to call it but, this is where the experimental jazz happens," Tony smiled at the camera, Steve laughed softly as he watched and recorded Tony in the lab and admiring every little thing about him.

"This..." Tony pointed to the display of suits "is my display of Iron Man suits, mark 1 to well, whatever..." he said with a laugh and he pointed to his desk "this is my desk. Pretty obvious what I do here, work and stuff like that." he paused and looked into the camera "Steve, why don't you say something?" he said, taking the camera and pointing it towards Steve.

"Uhm...hi?" Steve laughed nervously.

"Why don't we tour around the tower?" Tony suggested, he agreed and walked up to the stairs. Touring the garage full of Tony's cars and then the massive amount of relaxing areas, TVs, bedrooms and many more work areas. "I think we should turn it off," Tony said, showing the both of them in the frame "battery is getting low."

"Sure," Steve said, kissing Tony on the cheek. They saved the recording of August 5th 2014.

...

Tony laughed as he recorded Steve struggle to get the birds off his body on their picnic date. "Where are we Steve?" he laughed and recorded Steve pushing the birds off as they finally went away. "In the park," he said, sticking out his tongue at the camera and eating his food. 

Tony laughed and did a view of him and Steve resting next to each other. "Why is that?" Tony asked him, Steve lifted up Tony's hand and showed the engagement ring. "We recorded it!" Steve smiled. "Yeah, yeah," Tony said, rolling his eyes "but what do you want to tell the audience?" 

Steve paused for a moment. "Audience? Tony, this isn't a film." Steve said, as Tony and he laid together, recording the lake and the audio is what they could hear. "Just say something!" Tony whined.

"It's a great day today and uh..." Steve said, struggling for words.

"Alright old man, we get it, you're not as tech-savvy as this generation!" Tony said, lightly pushing him into the grass, facing the camera towards him, catching the moment of Steve tackling him, the camera recording everything upside down, landing on the rug. "ACK! STEVE! GET OFF!" Tony cried, trying to get up. Steve laughed and pinned him down, kissing him with a smile.

"Idiot," he teased, "never push Captain America," Steve said with puppy eyes.

"Yeah and never pin down Iron Man," Tony said as he was free, November 12th 2014 was recorded.

...

"BIG DAY!" Steve cried, holding the camera and jumping on the bed, causing Tony to roll off the bed and fall on the floor, "AGH, STEVE!" Tony said, getting up and using the bed as support and snuggling in his blankets again. 

"But Tony it's our wedding day!" Steve said happily, Tony sighed and wrapped his arms around his future husband. "Yeah, yeah, let me sleep in," Tony mumbled, snuggling into Steve's chest.

"No," Steve said, dragging him out of bed, carrying him bridal style to the bathroom "shower and get ready." he closed the bathroom door with Tony in it, suddenly, Steve was pulled in, he cried out and the camera came down on the carpet, recording the conversation.

"You're joining me," Tony said sternly, Steve groaned, opening the door and stopped the camera then closing the door. January 10th of 2015's morning was recorded. 

...

Tony recorded Steve in the kitchen, making the food as the guests arrived. Cutlery can be heard from a distance and talking. "What are you making?" he asked Steve.

"Pizza," he answered, looking up at the camera. He put it in the oven and waited for it to bake and then joined their friends in the living room. "Say hi!" Tony said, doing the third-person view of everyone in the room, Thor, Natasha, Bruce, Clint, Wanda, Bucky, Sam, Rhodey and Peter. Everyone said different responses at the same time. Peter was on the ceiling.

"HI DAD!" Peter cried from the ceiling, "Pete, get down!" Steve called from the other room, Tony laughed and recorded them eating and playing board games. Steve recorded them doing a toast of saying Merry Christmas! then eating food. They opened their presents and laughed together.

"So," Tony told the camera, walking away from the living room "I'm recording this because it's going to be a surprise for Peter..."

"Sam!" Bucky cried from the living room as Tony recorded in the other room, "GIVE ME BACK MY ARM–" then it went muffled as he went further away.

"Don't mind them, it's just Sam and Bucky being idiots again, honestly I don't know how they haven't broken up yet," he told the camera and he went into the back room and got out a box. "So, I got Peter something cool. It's his spider-suit and I got Steve this new phone." he did a peace sign and December 24 was recorded of 2015.

...

It was 2023. Married for eight years. "I love you three-thousand," said Tony's hologram to Steve and Peter and his friends. The video faded and they went outside, pushing the flower wreath out into the lake. Steve stared into nothingness as they all mourned for his death. 

He smiled sadly as he watched the wreath float away.

Proof that Tony Stark has a heart.

a/n: Sorry about the ending! I know it's said but I hope you enjoyed this oneshot!