shame.

I hope you all saw my last post. I want to thank everyone who went back to vote on the previous chapters. It means so much! If you haven't, please do.

Enjoy the chapter. Excuse errors per usual.  ❤️

Shame— And I'm the one to blame.

Flawlessly Jazelle glosses another coat of Fenty Beauty Stunna lip paint across her lips as she stands in front of the bathroom mirror that Zuma Miami had

Flawlessly Jazelle glosses another coat of Fenty Beauty Stunna lip paint across her lips as she stands in front of the bathroom mirror that Zuma Miami had. She puckers her lips together making sure that her lipstick was perfectly coated and no smudges were left behind. She then proceeds to pop two breath mints in her mouth. She places all her items back in her Yves Saint Laurent clutch before sighing and smoothing out her hair.

She was stalling as much time as possible inside the restaurant's bathroom to delay returning to her unwanted date. A new older man on her guest list that couldn't help but gloat about himself the entire night. Though it was annoying, it was easier for her to sit back and listen. All she had to do was pretend she was interested with a small smile, throw out some questions to keep the conversation rolling and please him at the end of the night.

He was a Caucasian man in his mid-thirties. From what Jazelle was listening in on the conversation he was a global marketing manager. He made well over six figures from the price he set on her for the night. She would never accompany anybody who earned any less.

All he wanted was some spontaneous female companionship. From her ad, he thought she would be the perfect fit due to her exotic features. The price she set matched exactly what he was looking for and he was willing to pay a pretty penny to see what she can do.

Did it get tiring after a while? Absolutely, Jazelle thought. She didn't want to do this for her entire life but it was something that had been habitual even before her big move to Miami. Another secret that she held back from her brother.

She could stop escorting and follow Jasai's orders but her pride was in the way. Her ego was something she's worked so hard on. Her stubborn ways helped none.

After their last argument, she started to put her current occupation in perspective more. Seeing her brother's face their last argument killed her no matter how raucous he was being. She knew it was because he only cared. She hated fighting with her brother especially when she saw the hint of pain in his face he was trying to hide. She wanted their relationship to be how it used to. He was her best friend, protector, and guardian. She looked up to him more than her own father. Her newfound mentality was starting to get in the way of their bond.

With her brother heavy on her mind, she was also on his which prompts him to call her. He knew she was working tonight but they both knew no matter what she was doing she'd always pick up her brother's call.

Jasai couldn't stop talking Samiyah's ear off about how much their relationship had shifted. She was fully supportive and advised for him to call her to talk it out. Even if it was briefly. After much soft debating, he finally decided to cave in and take her advice. She sat close by Jasai knowing that if he needed any support he would see that she wasn't going anywhere.