Chapter 21

****Yes Aug is out the hospital! Prayer really does change things and my husband and I appreciate the outpouring of love you have shown our family during this difficult time. We appreciate each and every one of you and do not take your kindness for granted. Luh ya. From The Alsina Fam lol.****

AMBER P.O.V.-

Sata was in her walker while I was putting the finishing touches on the cheesecake cupcakes I'd just made.

Me and Tanya spent all night decorating, since it seemed Aug had abandoned the endeavor. And she was now at the store picking up beverages and cups.

I looked over at Sata while I placed the cupcakes on a tray. Her full attention was on the toys in front of her. When I had finished putting the cupcakes on a tray, I heard the doorbell ring. I knew it was nobody but August. He was bringing the food.

I didn’t want to open the door, specifically after what happened yesterday. All types of thoughts entered my head. Like, what if he showed up with his lawyer starting drama?

I kissed Munch on her head and walked to the door. I looked thru the peep hole and saw only August with two silver pans of food. I was a little relieved and opened the door.

“Where you want me to put this at?” He tucked his lip.

“On the island in the kitchen.” I closed the door behind him.

Sata spotted her father as he walked toward the kitchen and immediately threw her toys down and started standing up and down clapping her hands with a huge grin across her face.

“Hold on Munch,  let Pop-Pop put this down.”  He walked in the kitchen. She followed him giggling with the same excitement.

He put the food on the island then picked her up.

“You miss Pop-Pop.” He put his forehead to hers. She giggled and shook her head against his.

“Gimme kiss.” He puckered his lips. She bent toward him and kissed his lips, then rubbed her eyes.

“Pop-Pop save all his sugar for you. You know that?” He pulled her shirt down that was showing her little belly.

“Is it some more stuff in the car?” I leaned against the counter looking at them annoyed.

“Yeah.” He said looking at Sata who was lightly grabbing his beard.

“Why you always pulling Pop-Pop beard?”

He moved her hand away and she laughed trying to do it again.

“I guess I’ll go get it.” I mumbled and started for the door.

“I got it.” He handed her to me and went back to the car.

Sata immediately started getting fidgety, trying to break free to get to Aug. And when she couldn’t she started to cry.

“Stop it.” I said sternly looking in her eyes.

She poked her lip out with the saddest expression.

“He’s coming back.”

August brought in the rest of the bags and I went to close the door. Assata reached for him. He sat the bags down and took her from me.

She laid her head on his shoulder and yawned.

“You sleepy Munch?” He looked at her, and rubbed her back.

She just rubbed her eyes.

“I’mma go put her to sleep.” He looked at me and took her in the room.