Dainty

This is a Tsukishima's x Genderless! Reader. Note- I'm trying to make these where the reader has no specified gender. If I make a mistake please point it out to me. Also please give feedback and criticism. I would like to improve my work. Thank you!

----**----**----**----**----**----**----**-

     "TSUKKI!", you yelled across the courtyard, hoping to grasp his attention. He lifted his arm and took out an earbud.

     "What?", he asked in an annoyed voice. You ignored his tone and continued to run to him. Once you caught up with the beanpole, you chewed him out. "I thought you said you'd wait for mee!", you whined. He merely shrugged in response. "I did no such thing. You just assumed, as always.", he stated blatantly, a smug grin crept it's way onto his face.

     Your eye ticked. His attitude pissed you off sometimes. He sure as hell had his moments.

     "Whatever, beanpole. I've caught up to you now. That being said, let's walk home together.", you said, (e/c) eyes shining. "Don't call me beanpole, short stack. Got it?",he said in an irritated voice. "So what if I do?", you retaliated. He just rolled his eyes, "Tch"ed and continued walking. You had to nearly sprint to keep up with his fast pace. After continuing the suffering you felt because of his speed, you tugged on his jacket sleeve to get his attention.

     He looked at you and took out an earbud, awaiting your request. His gaze softened slightly, seeing you exhausted. You hunched over to catch your breath before speaking. "Can..you slow..down..? ", you asked between strained breaths. Your legs had gone nearly numb from the strenuous effort you put into keeping up with him.

     He cocked a brow and stood there for a moment, thinking. He then crouched down closer to the ground. 'What's he doing? ', you thought, confused. He turned his head away, keeping a straight face. "Get on.", he said firmly.

     Blood rose to your cheeks, causing them to flush. "W-what? ", you stuttered. He repeated himself once more, "Get on", he then added, "you can't keep up and I'm not slowing my pace so, this is my solution. Get on my back so I can carry you." You hesitated for a moment, confused.

     You then complied with his order.

     After climbing onto the salt shaker's back, you sighed in relief. Feeling was returning to your legs. "Y'know this isn't so bad. I could get used to it.", you thought. You put your forehead against his back. Unbeknownst to you, a light pink dusted Tsukishima's cheeks. A breeze lightly flew through the autumn air, moving your (h/l) (h/c) hair. "He's warm despite the cold", as soon as the thought crossed your mind, you nuzzled yourself closer to his back, to absorb his body heat.

     The blush on his face intensified as you shifted closer to his body. You soon fell asleep, enjoying the smooth ride.

     "(Y/n), wake up.", you heard a distant voice say. Your shoulder was being battered by pokes. "Hmm", you grumbled. "Wake up, we're at your house. Hey, get up or I'll drop you.", he threatened. You rubbed your eyes.

     "But you're so warm", you said, still half asleep. He just brushed off what you said and turned to hide the red that skimmed his face. He gently sat you down on your front porch. You slid off his back with ease. "Thank you for the ride home Tsukki", you spoke softly. You then turned to walk back inside only to be prevented from going into your home.

     You were suddenly enveloped in warmth and the scent of pine needles. You panicked a little bit but the smell comforted you. "If I'm warm then how about I hug you", he whispered in your ear once you hugged back. This caused you to blush immensely. "Tsukki, that's a great idea." You then tightened your hold on him for a moment.

     He returned the gesture, but he didn't squeeze hard enough to hurt you. He hugged you lightly as though you were a thin sheet of ice.  As though if he squeezed any harder, you'd shatter. He treated you softly, almost like you were a flower petal. He released his hold on you slowly. He then waved goodbye and left to walk the few more blocks to his house.

     Once he was gone, you felt lost without his presence. You then walked inside and went about your daily life, but with a new hope. A hope saying 'I want to make him mine.' Little did you know, his dainty heart already belonged to you.