Milk Mystery (Editing)

This is a Kageyama x Genderless reader woot woot (at this point, all of them are genderless unless specified otherwise.)

*smol suffering noises*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Small pants passed between your lips, causing them to chap as you sprinted. "Not today", you chanted quietly to yourself between short breaths. The sound of your shoes hitting the sidewalk was heard in the air as you turned the corner, not slowing down for an instant. Immediately after turning, you ran into a tall figure, resulting in you falling to the ground.

Looking up at the stranger, you notice quickly that he has a small milk box. The exact ones you've been waiting to get to, but kept disappearing before you could get to them. Your expression turns a little sour as you put the pieces together. 'Hes the one that's been taking them', it rang clear in your mind. The male looks down at you with a menacing aura surrounding him.

His mood doesn't deter the festering anger inside you, so you stand up and put your index finger to his chest, maintaining eye contact so he knows you're pissed. The stranger raises a brow, both confused and stunned. He's unsure of what to make of your outburst.

"You", the word came from your mouth lathered in malice. "You must be the one getting all the milks before I can get to them", your left eye twitches as you stab your finger against his chest. Completely disregarding formalities, you ask his name to know who is stealing your precious milk boxes.

He debates on whether or not to speak to your smaller frame before deciding. "Kageyama Tobio", he states his name bluntly before side stepping you and walking away. Internally, he was screaming. His heart had been practically on the verge of jumping from his throat the whole time, even if you weren't happy with him. Once your nerves had calmed, you made your way to the vending machine in hopes that there was even a single small box left.

Surprise, surprise: there were no boxes left. You curled your hand into a fist, ready to punch the glass to the machine. Reason kicked in at the last second and you brought your hand down to your side before unfurling the tension from it. Thinking about how there were no more of your favorite beverage, your mind wandered to the stranger. Like any other person in the world, you considered his looks.

'He's not bad looking I suppose. Though he is kinda scary looking', you allow the thought before reconsidering. His looks didn't matter much to you anyways. Getting a juice box from the machine, you started on your way home. While walking, you heard an unfamiliar sound: squeaking of shoes against the gym floor followed by a loud thundering.

Raising a brow, you went to investigate the noises. You followed the sounds until you came to a gym door. The entrance was left open which allowed you easy visibility. Looking in, you saw the boy from before. Your eye twitched once more as you wanted to barge in and fight him. A small huff left you in defeat. 'Can't fight him here. Too many people', deciding to stay and watch, you sat on the stoop and observed their every move. Out of nowhere the black haired male tossed the ball to a short ginger.

Your (e/c) eyes widened in shock as the orange haired boy sprinted across the court before jumping into the air. "Its like he can defy gravity", you said quietly in awe. Even if it wasn't an official match, but practice against each other, it still amazed you. Without knowing it, you had gotten up from your spot on the steps and leaned into the doorway, drawing the attention of a few of the players.

You kept your eyes on the short male as the ball went in a diagonal line, straight to the other side. A shudder crawled down your spine at the accuracy of his aim. Your hairs stood on end as a loud, crackling boom was heard. The sound rang clear in the air, the boy's shoes stomping on the floor as he landed.

"Woah", the word was elongated as you dragged it out. Surprise accompanied by excitement dripped from your speech. Your presence snatches the eyes of a familiar face. The boy known at 'Kageyama' waves over a silver haired male, whispering something in his ear before moving away.

Truth be told, Kageyama's heart had started racing again at the sight of you. He had called over Suga to deliver a message to you since he didn't do good with strangers. Unknown or not, the younger setter had liked your spunk as most people were intimidated by him. Tobio watched as your gaze shifted to the third year he had sent your way.

     The silver haired person made their way to you, stopping a foot or so in front of your frame. 'He's got a friendly face I suppose', you tilted your head to the side, awaiting his reason for coming towards you. He introduced himself as 'Sugawara Koushi'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 810