SELLING PAPES

Nicola was a born natural. Acorrding to Jack she was. She would hawk headlines so loud that people down town could hear her loud and clear. After a long day of selling papers Nicola was ready to retire. She had been selling papes for about 4 weeks... She would always be ready to split the deal up with Jack and Davey. 25-50-25. Nicola usually got only 25 but she didn't mind. After all She still had to save up for that medicine.

After counting and dividing the money, Jack and Nicola would usually go to Jocobi's to get dinner.
Then they would go to Jack's "Penthouse" to crash. Tonight Nicola and Jack finished their dinner early.
The two decided to head to the roof to watch the sunset.

"I never thought that a sunset would be this beutiful." Nicola said.

"It's even more beautiful watching it with you" Jack attemed to flirt.

Nicola looked at Jack. She look confused. "What happened to your parents?" she ask

"Died" Jack stated "how's bout yours?"

"They were killed in a fire" she said trying her hardest not to cry.

She suddenly felt a hand around her shoulder. It was Jack, trying to comfort her.
He smiled "Guess we share something in common." he said. He turned to face the sun again, which at this point was almost gone. He turned back to Nicola who was still looking at the sun.

He hummed the beginning of "Santa Fe" quitely to himself and then whistled the rest. "Remember?" He whispered. Nicola was confused and tempted herself to ask what he ment. But that all melted away when Jack kissed Nicola on the cheek.

 But that all melted away when Jack kissed Nicola on the cheek

"J-jack..." Nicola started. But Jack seemed a little too engrossed in kissing Nicola. Without thinking Nicola pushed Jack away from her, just as she did with Race and shouted. "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR?" Jack quickly snapped back into reality. He relized what he did. "Nicola I am so sorry" he started "I don't know what I was thinking." He paused relizing he was blushing. "I honestly didn't mean to kiss you..... Jeez I'm---"

Nicola put her finger on Jack's lips to shush him. Then she embraced him warmly with all the strength she had. "It's alright Jack." She thought for a moment on what to say. Then she sang sofly the Newsie song she knew all too well until both her and Jack fell asleep.

We'll all be out there...carrying the banner man to man.
We're always out there soakin' every sucker that we can.
Here's the headline Newsies on a mission, kill the competition, sell the next addition, we'll be out the carrying the banner see us out there carrying the banner alway out there carrying the banner...
Ah ah ah go!