Chapter 2

Rio thought he would wear red to match with Elizabeth but decided against it because it seemed too much like a couples thing to do. He also didn't know what shade red she was wearing. He doesn't even know if she's actually wearing red either but one can only hope. He couldn't lie he was looking forward to this evening it brings a smile to his face just thinking about it. Elizabeth had already met Marcus a few times at the park and one time at breakfast. So after sleeping on it he decided to bring Marcus with him. It would be nice to have Marcus around plus it's been too long since he's been with his side of the family.

Rio had picked up Marcus early that morning and went to the mall to find something to wear. They ended up buying black button ups because you can never go wrong with the color black and black and red match perfectly especially dark red.

Rio and Marcus were walking back to the car eating ice cream as it was 70°F outside. "You excited for today little man?".

Marcus nodding excitingly. "I'm excited to see all my cousins!".

Rio laughed as he looked down at his son. "Yeah?"

Marcus nodded again as he ate more ice cream.

"Happy to hear it" Rio said as he opened the car door. Seeing his son so excited and happy has got to be one of the best things in the world for him to see. He was definitely ready for this wedding.

Rio was driving back home and getting ready in time was not a problem at all but he knows how women can be.

"Hey papa I have a question", Marcus said sitting up straighter.

"What's up little man"

"Is that nice lady coming with us?".

Nice lady? Rio thought to himself. "Oh you mean Elizabeth".

"Yeah is she coming?".

"Yeah I'm picking her up later today".

"Good... I like her", Marcus said looking out the window.

Rio pulled into his driveway and turned to look at Marcus. "You like her?".

"Yeah she's nice".

Rio nodded and smiled. Why did that make him so happy? He brushed the thought off and headed inside his house with Marcus. He couldn't lie his house was pretty big for just the two of them. It had three bathrooms two upstairs one downstairs. Three bedrooms upstairs and a full basement. His house was straight out of a movie but he didn't mind.

Marcus ran inside as Rio closed the door. "Slow down I don't want you to hurt yourself".

Marcus stopped and started walking to the living room. Rio smiled blessed to have such a respectful kid. "Are you hungry?" Rio asked even though they ate about two hours ago and just finished having ice cream.

"No I'm okay but can we go play soccer?" Marcus asked with excitement.

"Sure thing just let me go change alright", Rio said running up stairs. He made his way into his backyard with Black shorts and a dark blue shirt.

"Ready papa?" Marcus asked kicking the ball around.

"Show me what you got", Rio said running to his goal. The backyard was big enough to hold a soccer game and a volleyball game at the same time. He had the two goals set up and the volleyball net. He and Marcus hardly ever used the volleyball net that was mainly for his sister and cousins. He also had a patio where he was held grill outs and had his family sit there to watch the kids play.