chapter 10

She woke up that Tuesday morning with a cafe name and time from Rio. She planned out the day in her head. Pay bills, build that new shelf she wants in her room, and maybe buy a new dresser. That's pretty much going to take up the whole day. Annie had came over with Sadie late night because she didn't trust Beth was okay at all.

Beth was walking into the living room when she saw Sadie and Annie sitting on the couch. "What do you guys want for breakfast?"

"Whatever sounds good aunt Beth" Sadie said propping his head up to look at her.

Annie quickly got up in a child like motion "Ooo make some of those pancakes you make for the kids"

Beth laughed a little as she made her way into the kitchen. "The ones with chocolate chips?"

"Yeah those!"

"Mom really?"

"What? Their the best of the best kid!"

They all laughed as Beth prepared all she needed to make the pancakes.

After they had finished eating Annie went to take a shower while Beth and Sadie watched TV.

Sadie kept looking at Beth almost questioning her demeanor or just plain out staring at her.

"Do you need to ask me something?" Beth said side eyeing him.

Sadie slowly turned his attention else where. "No"

Beth lifted her brow and turned slightly towards him. "Really?"

"Nope" Sadie shook his head and kept his focus on the TV.

"Is no your favorite word now?" Beth said with a slight smirk.

"N... Are you okay?" Sadie finally turned to look at her his expression worry some.

Beth's breath paused for a second and she quickly collected herself. "Perfectly fine why?"

"Because you saying perfectly fine doesn't sound right" And yeah he had a point and the fake smile probably wasn't helping either.

"I'm okay" Beth said more trying to convince her self than Sadie. It's not like there was something wrong but not all was going well for her either. Too much change was happening with her and dean, the kids, and figuring out the whole telling the kids part was pretty hard on her. Dean and her had even fought over who got to keep the house. Obviously she won that agreement.

Sadie took a deep breath in and looked at her with such sadness."Are you sure?"

Beth took a deep breath in and let it out sometimes she forgets just how smart and fast he's growing up. "Nothing I can't handle"

"I know I might not understand what's wrong or how to help but I'm here for you" He gave her a warm comforting smile.

Beth eyes got watery as she gave him a smile. "Thank you"

"Of course and actually I do have to tell you something" Sadie said playing with his fingers.

Beth angled her body so she was facing him "Go ahead I'm all ears"

"I... My name is Ben" Was all he could mutter out. He was nervous Beth could tell but honestly there was no reason to be.

Beth gave him a smile and pulled him into a hug "Okay thank you for telling me I love you"

"I love you too"

Annie paused as she saw them hugging "What's going on?"

Beth looked up and wiped a tear she didn't know was strolling down her cheek. "Nothing just bonding"