Conception

They weren't as affectionate as some people would like to believe. Zero, one hand holding his bag, which was slung over his shoulder, and his other snugly in his pants' pocket, shot Kaname a side glance. As they were making their way back to Cross Academy, Zero recalled his encounter with Aidou, his new 'best friend', before he last left.

"Zero-sama," Aidou stated, his ice blue eyes glancing over at the Hunter as they walked down the grand staircase to join the others in the living room.

"Yes?" Zero replied, a silver eyebrow raising in question. Aidou looked back ahead, swallowing slightly, "I hope you don't mind me asking, but why don't you and Kaname-sama ever hold hands? I mean, aside from the sex I can hear down the hall from my room, you guys aren't that affectionate." Zero narrowed his lilac eyes, and reacted in his usual way to Aidou whenever the ice wielder pissed him off.

Aidou flinched and gasped in fear as the Bloody Rose was brought to his temple. "Z-Zero-sama!" His shout attracted the attention of the quietly conversing vampires below.

"You're over-stepping your boundaries Aidou," Zero said, nonchalantly; though his narrowed eyes told another story. "Perhaps, you should keep that in check, hm?" After that being said, Zero slipped his gun back into his brown jacket, and continued down the stairs alone as Aidou whimpered and bowed, "Y-yes, Zero-sama; how rude of me. It won't happen again."

Zero did nothing but scoff, "You say that every time, Aidou."

The prefect had never really thought about the fact before. No, they didn't hold hands, or cuddle on the love seat or whatever. Zero grit his teeth slightly, his thought process going to the annoying blonde. 'Damn him. Now he's got me thinking about it. It didn't even fucking bother me before.'

"Zero?" Kaname's murmur of his name snapped him out of his reverie and he jerked his head in the prince's direction. "Um, yeah?"

Kaname raised an eyebrow, "Are you alright? You seem lost in thought, my dear Zero." The ex-human bit his bottom lip, and then shook his head, "It's nothing, Kaname; just... something stupid Aidou said to me last time I was at the Academy."

A dark shadow befell the pureblood's face, "Something Aidou said is troubling you? What did he say?" Zero smirked lightly, noticing Kaname's aura darkening, and responded,

"It's nothing bad; he's just annoying is all. He always ends up back in his place though." A deep chuckle resonated from the throat of his brunette mate.

"Very well, then. Come; we are nearly to the gates, Zero; and I am sure someone will be very happy to see you again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ZERO!"

Zero barely had a chance to say anything as his foster sister, Yuuki Cross, tackled him to the floor in a hug as soon as he and Kaname entered the Chairman's office. "Zero! I've missed you so much!"

Zero blinked from his place on the floor, before slowly placing his arms around her back. "Yuuki..." Kaname gave a small smile from his place beside the door, "Yuuki. How are you?" The small girl crawled off of Zero, and gave the prince a hug.

The Hunter grunted as he sat up and rubbed the back of his head; which was throbbing slightly. "Yuuki," he muttered as he stood; only to be crushed in a hug from the Chairman.

"Oh, my darling son! It's so nice to see you! I hope you're doing well!" Kaien Cross crooned as he hugged the ex-human tightly. Zero squirmed and gasped for air. "C... Chairman..."

"Call me Daddy!"

"No... l-let go."

Kaien reluctantly let go of Zero and took a step back as his 'son' took in a gulp of air, and dusted off his jacket. "I'm fine, Chairman. I'm... learning a lot there." He then walked over to the desk and took a seat in a chair across from it; awaiting his evaluation. That's when Kaien cleared his throat to interrupt the chat Yuuki and Kaname were having.