t h r e e

i am going through a lot and ive been gone a lot im sorry

---

Ashton watched Michael slowly back up and soon enough walk away with his head down low. He admitted that he felt guilty for pushing the boy away when he was just trying to help but Ashton just didn't like that. He didn't like people around him, interacting with him. Whether they were nice or not, Ashton didn't care just as long they stayed away from him.  

He got up, balancing himself and leaning on the bench and his other hand clutching his stomach where he was pretty sure a bruise was forming. He hurriedly limped his way back home and quietly sneaked into the house locking himself in his room. He plopped down on the bed, grunting as he looked at the clock. It was almost 5 am and he had school and the last thing he was wanting was to be lying awake, bearing the pain while thinking about how he had snapped at Michael a while ago. There was something about the boy that made Ashton's stomach feel worse, like a swirling feeling and he had never been this guilty over snapping at someone. There was something familiar about Michael and he couldn't lay a finger on it.  

He just finally shook it off, drifting to sleep as the noise of his mom barging in through the front door, drunk, shouting at him to get up made his head spin even more and knocked him out.  

***  

Michael waited up until school hours and didn't bother sleeping after what had happened. He came to school with tired eyes as he was greeted with jokes by Calum and Luke. "What happened to you?" Calum asked him smiling and elbowing Luke beside him who was chuckling. "Shut up Calum. I don't wanna talk about it right no--" Michael was cut off as someone bumped onto his back, their books falling. "What the fuck man?! Watch where you're go- Ashton I.."  

Ashton's eyes widened as he looked around and saw a few people looking at them including Calum and Luke. He hurriedly got down, clicking his tongue and picked up his books as Michael knelt down infront of him to help. Michael was about to reach for the last book when Ashton beat him to it. "I got it. I'm sorry and thanks." Ashton said with a low flat voice and not meeting Michael's eyes. He bowed his down and Michael watched as made his way through the small crowd of students slowly shuffling to class, noticing that he was still limping. "Ash-" Michael stopped himself as he knew it was useless.  

"Hey um, Michael we gotta get to class man, come on." Luke said leading Michael away from the hallways. Class dragged on as Michael noticed that Ashton was in their class. Michael could tell Ashton wasn't listening as then he decided to throw a note at him hitting the boy at the back of his head. Ashton clicked his tongue, a habit Michael was beginning to notice and made him smile. Ashton picked up the note, looking around to see who threw it and Michael waved at him. He shook his head as he opened it and read. "Can I walk you to your next class?"  

Ashton wrote quick and threw the note back and Michael was not surprised with what Ashton wrote. It was big "NO" scribbled on the paper but that didn't stop Michael as he grabbed Ashton's arm as they were let out, trying to start a conversation with him earning a few looks from people around them as this was an unusual sight. Michael followed Ashton all through out the day, Ashton clicking his tongue making the "tsk" sound numerous times and struggling out of Michael's grip.  

Michael was hurt a few times, emotionally when Ashton ignored him and physically when Ashton would hit him on his arm to get out of his hold but he didn't mind this and continued on anyway. School was done and he ran out of class to catch up with Ashton walking out of his class. Ashton hurriedly walked ignoring Michael as they were out of school and into the streets. "Hey Ash"  

Ashton brisk walked and soon enough it turned into a chase as Ashton turned into a street he wasn't familiar with but he kept on running anyway as Michael was still chasing him. "Ash! Ashton! Please stop!" Michael called out to Ashton as Michael put his hands on his knees stopping to catch his breath. Ashton ran a few steps more ahead but eventually stopped to rest. Ashton closed his eyes trying to even his breathing as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and Michael was there still panting but smiling at him.  

"What do you want Michael?! Do you want me to pay you for earlier this morning? How much do you want? Can you please fucking leave me alone?!" Ashton shouted at him, having one of his outbursts again. Ashton continued to rant at him as Michael's brain clouded and vision blurry. Not thinking about what he was doing he pulled Ashton to him, crashing his lips on Ashton's, shutting him up. The blonde froze in surprise but later pushed at Michael but the strangely orange haired boy being the bigger one was obviously stronger as he wrapped his arm around Ashton's waist pulling him closer and his other hand on the back of his head fisting Ashton's curls. Ashton struggled to get Michael off, giving in soon enough, as he felt his knees would give out. He wrapped his arms around Michael's neck to hold him up moving closer and finally kissing back. Michael relaxed as he placed one last open mouthed kiss on Ashton's lips as he pulled away.  

Looking into Ashton's eyes, arm still around his waist and and taking Ashton's other hand in his, Michael started to sway, as if slow dancing. Ashton looked down but went with Michael anyway. The street was unusually empty, luckily for them as they were in the middle of it and basing on society today, they would receive dirty looks as to what they were doing. Michael wouldn't mind it though. Ashton suddenly pulled away and backed away from Michael.

"Michael, no." Ashton said pausing. "Do you know what time-bombs are? They're set into motion and then they explode."

"But -" Michael retorted but Ashton cut him off. "Don't you get it Michael?! You! You're the motion. If I let myself go.. fall into you I'm afraid I won't -- can't take it. You know how I can get. I'll explode Michael...I don't want that. I don't want to hurt you or anyone around us. Cause that's what time bombs do or any bomb in general, they explode and damage everything around them.

"Explode with me then."

---  

I CANT HANDLE THIS IM ACTUALLY GOING TO COLLEGE HELP

p.s. thanks for being patient on updates tho wow ur all amazing

☾ loren grace ☽