t h i r t e e n

the htlml thingy shows up on chapter twelve and the chapter is ruined ugh. I can't fix it haha no matter what I do it always shows upwhen ur on phone I guess haha I'm so sorry for that babes. I tried

*[slight mention of selfharm]*
---

Michael woke up in the middle of the night and rolled over only to be stopped by a lightly snoring caramel haired boy. Michael smiled to himself and slowly reached out a hand to touch him. He couldn't get enough of Ashton, considering that never in a million years did he expect this to happen. It seemed like yesterday he was watching from a distance in school and now they're here. Pretty much everything went by in a blur for both boys.

And soon enough days have passed. You would've been confused as to how two teenage boys with a lot of needs have managed to keep their money just enough for rent and other needs but of course they had help. The old lady was nice enough to let them stay longer than the limit since she was the owner and she thought their love was beautiful.

To have had come out here with nothing but a bit of money and shared clothes it was enough to have an old heart melt. Michael and Ashton thanked her constantly throwing in playful remarks like "You look younger everyday." or "You look more beautiful than yesterday." in which the old lady or as Esther, as she would like them to call her, rolled her eyes and shook her head, but smiled at them nonetheless.

It was now late at night and this was nothing unusual for the two boys. They usually stay up talking about what has been happening and what will or could happen which they both are amused by.

"Hey Ash?" Michael asked peeping out at the other boy in front of him in the dim room. "Y-yeah?" Ashton answered not meeting Michael's eyes and looking down at his hands. He looked up eventually seeing Michael rub his palm on his face drawing in a deep breath. "Michael? What's wrong?" Ashton asked, worry evident in his voice.  "I'm gonna tell you something and I don't know why I want to yell you now but I just want to and will you promise to hear me out?" The smaller one just nodded and mustered up an encouraging smile at Michael which caused the boy to breath out a nervous laugh.

"Well..um you know..we never had a proper introduction and all that shit. So yeah I'm Michael, which you probably already know." Michael paused, laughing a little at his awkwardness and himself. "And I .. uh.. I never told you because we never had the time I guess. With all of these happening and were still on the run but I really like you. Like not from when I found you ..but..um way before that because I would've left you right then when you snapped at me right?" Hazel eyes were now focused on him, watching intently, as if taking in every movement, every word and every breath the orange haired boy takes. And now Ashton has come to think of it, so much has happened that Michael hasn't had time to change hair colours. He made a mental note to say it later as he kind of promised the boy he would hear him out.