Jealous Much? (Nico x Male! Reader) Pt. 1

A blinding light flooded my vision as I opened my eyes again for the fifth time. I've been laid up in a bed, passing out each time I seen people watching me. Then, confusion hit. What am I doing here in the first place?

Memories hit me. My mother had died trying to save me from a large creature. She said she wanted a better life for me and would feel guilty if she didn't give me the opportunity. Watching her die was hard, but I did what she said despite my injuries. Running down that hill and yelling for help. That's what I did.

Now, I was awake, body pressed against soft sheets. The room smelt sterile, definitely a hospital or infirmary. I'd been to enough of those to know the smell. I glanced around the room and for the first time, saw a man sitting in a wheel chair.

 I glanced around the room and for the first time, saw a man sitting in a wheel chair

He looked very studious and kind with a gentle resting face. His beard was trimmed but shaggy and he had on a pressed suit. It made him look like a professor.

"Good, you're awake." His voice was just as gentle as his resting face. "I'm Chiron, welcome to Camp Half-Blood."

"Ummmm, hi?" I wasn't confident in my question. He let out a soft chuckle. "Mr. Chiron, my mom sent me here, saying I'd be more protected. Why is that exactly?"

"How about you get up and we'll walk and talk, eh?" I swung my feet over the side of the bed. I was barefoot and shivered when my feet touched the white tiled floor. "Follow me." I did as instructed and fell in step with the man as he wheeled. "Did your mother tell you anything about yourself?"

I thought for a moment. "No?" Again, no confidence behind the question.

"Well then, we have a lot we must discuss." He led me outside onto the porch of a large house overlooking strawberry fields. "So, Camp Half-Blood is a camp for demigods. It provides protection against monsters with a magical barrier and so on and so forth."

"So you're telling me, that I'm a demigod?"

"Yes, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to get in. See, your mother told you to run because she wouldn't be able to pass beyond the borders. She knew once you were over the borders, the monster couldn't get you." I looked down at my bare feet. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Is this where I have to stay?" I glanced back at the scenery, taking it all in. Strawberry fields, volleyball court, large arena. Farther away, I could make out the shape of cabins.

"Yes, you're only how old?"

"14."

"Unless you have other family members, you'll have to stay here. It's for your own good." Chiron smiled sympathetically. "On another note, I can get you new clothes and shoes. You'll need them for when your guide comes to give you a tour. Now stay in the infirmary room for now." I nodded and went back to the sterile room.

*Time Skip*

It's been 15 minutes since Chiron brought me new clothes and shoes. An orange shirt that had CHB on it, jeans, and black Converse. He had told me to wait for my tour guide and that is what I did.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the open door. My head snapped up to see a ravenette boy with obsidian eyes. Under his eyes were dark bags, probably haven't slept in a few days. He cleared his throat. I stood.

"Hi, my name is Nico di Angelo. Nice to meet you..."

"Y/n." His voice was dull and hoarse, as if he rarely talks to anyone.

"Well, Chiron has assigned me to be your tour guide. So... let's get started." He walked out and I trailed behind.

We both walked on a well paved road that seemed to be the main one people walked on. Nico led me further pointing out the woods, fields, arena and more. He kept walking until a group of about 7 people started coming up to him, waving.

"Oh no," he muttered.

"Hey Nico, who's he?"

That one got me. "I'm right here, you know. You can address me," I spoke up. The boy with the sea green eyes scratched the back of his neck.

"Sorry... I'm Percy Jackson, and who might you be?" He held out his hand for me to shake. I grasped it firmly and gave a curt shake.

"Y/n L/n."

"Nice to meet you, Y/n. I'm Annabeth." She waved.

"Jason Grace."

"Piper McClean."

"Hazel."

"Frank Zhang."

"Leo Super Sized Mcshizzle Valdez," the boy gave an elfish grin.

"Nice to meet you all."

"Now since that is over with," Nico started. "We must continue on with the tour." He urged me on.

Nico showed me the dining pavilion and the cabins, pointing out where I'd be staying since I didn't know my Greek parent. "So, everyone's a child of a Greek god?"

"Yes."

"Who's your parent?"

Shadows seemed to cover his face. "This may sound rude but it's none of your business."

I only nodded. "Sorry for stepping over that line." He nodded and walked off, leaving me to stand by the Hermes cabin.

The door flew open and out came a boy with messy brown hair, freckles, and blue eyes. "Oh, you must be the new girl. I'm Connor Stoll, head of this cabin."

Another boy, identical to him, came out as well. "I'm also head of the cabin, Travis Stoll."

"Okay, I'm Y/n."

"Well come on in, Y/n." With that, they both grabbed my arm and pulled me inside.

*Time Skip*

Dinner came around and I wasn't hungry. The Stoll brothers tried to talk me into coming, but hadn't succeeded. I sat on the floor against the wall of the cabin. Thoughts swam in my head, thinking about what I was going to do now that I had no family left.

I decided to stop thinking before I went deeper into the rabbit hole. I laid my head down on the sleeping bag Travis got for me and slowly drifted off to sleep.

*Time Skip*

Someone shook me awake. "Y/n, get up." Connor.

"Hmm?"

"You're going to miss the campfire! Plus, everyone wants to meet you." He continuously poked my cheek.

"Fine," I groaned, lifting off of the ground and stretching.

"Good, now let's go!"

Like an excited puppy, Conner pulled me out of the cabin. He ran, basically dragging me. I tried to keep up, but my legs weren't fast enough.

Finally, we reached the campfire. Many campers were huddled around singing and eating s'mores. In the very back, Nico sat with his arms crossed. Nico met my eyes once then looked away.

"Come on!"

Once again, Connor pulled me towards a log near the front. Everyone stopped and stared. It made me feel uncomfortable so I gazed at my black Converse.

Everyone started mumbling different things about me.

"He's hot."

"Wow look at his hair. It looks so soft."

"Wonder if he ever had a girlfriend."

It kept going on until Annabeth cleared her throat. "Everyone, this is Y/n L/n. Let's welcome him to Camp Half-Blood!" Cheering rang throughout the space.