Chapter 2: April Fool's Surprise

Rocking out to my favorite Christian music while driving Sheldon and Tiffany to school. I suddenly got motion sickness. Weird since I hardly ever get motion sickness??

            "Love you kids, I will be right here when school is over." Watching them run to the entrance I got emotional thinking about how my babies are growing up so fast. What wait? Where are these thoughts coming from? This school year is over next month. Pull yourself together LADY!

           Finally home I tried to eat but nothing sounded good so I resorted to my milk protein shake. When in doubt force protien. So once again I turned on my music to start my chores early so I could relax before the kids got out. Zoning out thinking of my wedding day next month. Everything was setup and I started glowing. While thinking of doctor appointments I opened my calender and that's when it hit me, I was 3 weeks late from my cycle.

            I rushed over to a place called Gabriel's Corner. A fairly middle-aged woman greeted me with a smile, "How can we help you dear?"  "I have a feeling I'm pregnant but didn't want to do the stick test without someone with me so I rushed here!" Oh my gosh did I really just babble like that? ?

      "Well how exciting. My name is Mary. Let's get things rolling then. Have you had your morning tinkle yet?" Handing me a small questionnaire to fill out. I smiled huge and replied,  "Nope I just got the kids to school, felt motion sickness, went home for an hour doing chores, now I'm here."

"So you already have kids? You look so young. Are you married?  Wait don't answer those yet. Let's get to a small office for privacy."

I giggled while following her to the next door. Mary opened the bathroom door, handing me the test. "Good luck! As soon as you are done put the cap back on it and place it on the tray, wash your hands and come out. I'm here for you. You are not alone," Mary sounded like an excited nana. "Thanks Mary," I say then close the door. Feeling anxious I did everything she asked of me then opened the bathroom door. Mary led me to a small corner office. "Give me a moment to grab the test then we can go over somethings while we wait the 3-5 minute wait," Mary instructed.

        Yep my anxiety was rising the longer I was there. 3 minutes felt like an hour. The office door opens and I'm trying to breathe. Mary walks in with a huge smile. "Alright let's go over the questionnaire you filled out. Renae, oh I love how you spell it. So you already have two children who will be 5 and 4 this summer?" I smiled like one proud mom pulling out my cell phone showing her my wallpaper. "Yes they are so much fun together. There are times I feel like I'm raising twins so I call them my Irish twins."

"What does that term mean Irish twins?" Mary asked.

"Irish twins are siblings that are a year apart. God blessed me so much with these two," I reply glowing.

"So you aren't married yet?" Mary looked at me puzzled but still smiling.

"When I was younger I fell for the wrong lifestyle. But I have my babies to remind me to make better ones from now on. I am engaged and the wedding is May 8th. I'm so excited." I'm sure I'm grinning like a fool right now.

    "Oh how wonderful. Good attitude about life. Tell me about your relationship with your soon to be husband." Mary turned her chair around to observe the stick test.

"Well I've known Mike since high school. Turns out we had crushes on each other back in the day. We bumped into each other at Target. We exchanged numbers then the next thing I know he asks me to Tropic Thunder movie date."

Mary turned her chair to face me again. Gosh I can't read this lady like I can others. "How would you feel if you are pregnant."

"I would feel blessed. I'm still nervous to find out," I reply.

Mary smiles, "Well Renae, you are indeed with child."

I was speechless. I felt like I was going into shock. Tears of joy rolled off of my cheeks. Finally I spoke, "I'm so happy!"

Mary came over and hugged me. "Now let's finish the paperwork so you have it in writing you are with child so you can turn it into the insurance company. I'm sure you already know the importance of prenatal care and keeping set doctor appointments." Mary flips through a small stack of papers then looks at me laughing.

"What's got your funny bone Mary?" I ask while trying to be polite.

"I'm sorry Renae but I looked over to see what today was. It's April 1st. April Fool's day." Mary wiped a tear from her eye while still chuckling.

"Oh my gosh, today is going to be interesting telling family before my friends." I am shocked and I can already tell I'm going to be upset when I try to tell Mike and then my parent's. I'm too excited though to wait for tomorrow. I sigh to myself not sure of myself now.