Chapter 7: Breaking the news

I thought long and hard about how to break the news to my kids. They seriously are set on Rylee. I let a full day go without saying anything about the belly. I decided dinner time I'd do it again. After this I will not use dinner time for anymore crazy breaking headlines! I will do family meetings.

I was starting to get use to being a stay at home mommy. My house was cleanest it had been since I lost my job. I lost a lot of self confidence in the social world because of it. It wasn't fair to my kids that I let my house just get by.

It was time to get the kids out of school then dinner time. I was excited to tell them they were having a baby sister but the name thing might break their hearts.

Once both were in the van, "what sounds good for dinner kids?" Sheldon grins and says, "pizza always pizza!" Tiffany says, "yucky no! I want cheeseburger! " I laugh at both of them.

"Tonight is a special night so we can do both. Daddy will be happy with that too. He loves pizza and cheeseburgers," I say smiling as I drive on our way home.

"Next thing, any one got homework or papers I need to see or sign?"

Entering our home they both say "no" together. It's so cute the way they do that as if they were really twins. 12 months 29 days and 12 hours apart. Sheldon was born 5:20 in the evening and Tiffany was born 5:20 in the morning. It was so hard on my spirit that they didn't have a dad to be there for their every firsts in life.

This time was going to be different and awesome. I finally had a man who wanted to be there through anything that was thrown our way. That meant that he was the only father to be in the delivery room and I was excited to see how he'd handle it.

I had the kids set up the table while I cooked. Everything was ready just waiting on Mike to get home from work. I kept everything on low and asked the kids to pickup toys in their room. We had a three bedroom home but the kids had a love-hate thing about having their own rooms. They loved to be together all the time and hated having separate rooms.

Finally, the sliding door opens and it's Mike. He took in a deep breath enjoying the aroma of pizza and cheeseburgers. "Kids dad is home come to the dinner table please," I call out. As I start serving plates I hear heavy feet running down the hallway. It's amazing how heavy sounding they are since they are so little but sound like elephants.

I give Mike a quick kiss hello as I hand him his plate. I always serve him first to show respect of the man who goes to work for us. Then I serve the kids. I serve myself first in other areas like shopping haha.

Sheldon and Tiffany say their thank yous as I hand them their plates. As I sit down next to Mike, I ask, "how was work today dear?" Mike had just taken a bite so I had to wait a moment for him to chew and not swallow it whole.

"It was mentally challenging but I made it through another day. I enjoy my job since I'm a fill in and don't do the same thing everyday but some of the people are rude," Mike is venting and I'm ok with it.

"Glad you figured it out," Tiffany miss diva says. I giggled a bit. "Well you gonna ask me about my day?" Tiffany asked with attitude.

Mike asks, "ok love how. Was. Your. Day?" Tiffany started glowing and talked our ears off for what felt 15 mins. I tried to listen while eating but I was too baby brained. "I have some news," I claim. Sheldon grinned, "is it about the baby?!"

"It sure is son. Boy, you are so sharp," I compliment him. "We are having a baby girl, a little sister," I say while smiling like a proud mom. The kids cheered. Sheldon yells out, "I really wanted a baby brother but I guess I'll be ok with another sister.

"One more thing dad and I are changing the name of the baby girl. I know we all had our hearts set on Rylee but we want a name that stays in the family," now the guilt comes in and I'm fibbing to my kids. I sigh.

The kids looked crushed. It was silent for a few minutes. "Don't you want to learn her new name?" Mike asked curiously. Tiffany sighed, "yeah I'm ready. What's baby's name now?" Mike looked disappointed but still tried to sound happy, "Alyssa Lynn."

"I like it but I still love Rylee," Sheldon says kinda sad. "I know Sheldon. But we are sharing this baby with our two sides of families. It's only fair to compromise and that's what we are doing," trying to make him feel better.

That was one hard dinner but it went a lot smoother than I planned. ♡♥♡♥