seven

Keith asked about the guild, and lance told him all of his stories. Ones with pidge, shiro, and his many other guild members like Coran, allura, and even hunk.

Ones where lance trained pidge, and he even told him about missions where hes almost died.

"What mission were you most afraid to go on?"

"Heh... well... this one actually...."

Keith turned, fidgeting with his bandana, "understandable."

"But honeslty, this has become one of my favorite missions. I'm not going to finish it unfortunately."

"Yeah. Because it cant be done. No matter how bad I want it."

"No, dont say that."

"I've tried everything, from magic swords, to poison. Nothings worked."

"Keith I dont want you to try and kill yourself okay? Dont you think I'd be sad if you died?"

He looked genuinely confused, "why would you be sad? I dont understand"

"Were friends now right? Would you be sad if I died?"

"I would. I'm always sad when things die. I dont really understand it, but it only makes more things die. It's funny really. A thousand years, youd think I'd have my emotions under control by now."

Lance got closer, putting a hand on Keith's shoulder, "you shouldnt think like that. It's really a good thing you still have your emotions. It means your still human."

"What a joke. I'm not human at all."

"You are human. And since I get the privilage of not dying around you, maybe I can help."

"Thanks for the offer. If there was a cure, I would have found it by now."

"Things have changed since you've left this dead forest keith. Magic is almost completely different now. It's so much more advanced."

"I dont know about that..."

"Its true! Dont you know a lot of magic? What kind do you use?"

Ye looked at his hands, almost disgusted. "I dont use my magic anymore. I used fire magic, but since the curse, the only form I can use is dark magic."

"Oh... how are your skills?"

"They are all pretty high. My healing skill being the highest. I used to think if I became a good enough healer that I wouldnt kill things. But I was wrong."

"I'm going to find a cure keith. I promise."

Their eyes met, and keith saw the determination in Lance's eyes. "O-okay"