twenty-five

His eyes slowly opened, he woke to the sound of bickering men

"We should execute him immediately!"

"We can't!! We need answers first. We've never seen anything like this before."

"But he's a murderer! We don't know what kind of magic that was, what if he does it again."

"We have him in custody for now. If anything were to happen, we'd kill him"

...

Slowly getting up, he examined his surroundings.

He thought to himself, "oh... im chained to a wall? Is this- a cell?"

He managed to get to his feet. the room was very dark, except for light coming through a small window in the large door.

Faintly he heard, "sir! He's awake!"

The door opened, and a tall, muscular, middle aged man stood before him.

"Who are you." The man gritted his teeth with anger.

"..."

The man grabbed the collar of his shirt, "WHO. ARE. YOU."

"I- I'm-"

Before he could finish, the man threw them against the back wall.

"Why did you kill them."

"If you'd let me speak sir-"

"They were barely adults, you waste of air."

"W-who?"...he realized shortly after, "I didn't kill them! It was an accident, he didn't mean it!! Its my fault. I made him come here. He didn't want to."

"Who is this man you speak of"

"I- well- my name is Lance, I don't know how to explain who he is to you."

"I'm sorry?"

"It's a long story. But I don't know where he went, he ran off after it happened."

"...what happened"

"It was a wave of dark magic, he couldn't control it. I'm so sorry it took their lives, I couldn't stop it."

"A wave of dark magic... how did you survive then? All the greenery is gone for miles!"

"I'm honestly not really sure sir. We still haven't figured that one out yet..."

"Your trial is the next morn. It doesn't matter whether I believe you or not, the church shall decide your fate."

"But-"

"Quiet! There's nothing I can do now. Your story has too many holes boy. They won't believe it."

Right after, the man shut the cell door, and Lance heard his footsteps as he walked away.