twenty four

After a moment Lance looked around, but instantly regretted doing so.

There were 3 young wizards, probably criminals. They died.

Lance had never seen anyone die before. He's been to funerals, but he couldn't help but feel intense guilt.

"They-they're dead. Oh my god.... they died." 

After hearing a rustle, Lance jumped, but it was only Keith. He had woken up.

"What happened..."

Lance struggled to speak, "I...um..."

Keith looked over, and froze at the sight of the corpses.

"I-I did that didn't I"

Lance nodded slowly.

"I really am a monster. A demon. I'm exactly what everyone says."

Before Lance could even think of a response, Keith got up, and started to run

Lance did nothing. Said nothing. His eyes were locked on the bodies, his body chained to the ground.

Moments later, he finally snapped out of it, realizing Keith went farther than he thought, and was out of sight.

"Keith?! Where'd you go? Keiiith!"

He struggled to get up, his body felt heavier, and his legs felt like jelly.

"Keith? This isn't funny! Where are you?!"

The all of the greenery was gone, yet Keith was still no where to be seen.

Suddenly he realized, if his curse is fully returned. There would be a trail.

"He has to be in this area still."

<×><×><×>

After hours of searching, Lance sat with his back against a stump, feeling numb.

"Hes probably so scared right now. I should've stopped him... or at least said something. I'm an idiot. He probably hates me."

After a few minutes of self loathing, he dozed off.