Serenity

As I sat with my girls in the nail bar sipping on champagne, my phone started to ring. I pulled my hand from the Asian woman who was working on it to pick up the phone.

She looked at me with a smirk on her face. "What?" I asked with an attitude.

"My man is calling, so I'm gonna answer. Shit, yo' ass ain't going nowhere!" It didn't matter what I was doing or where I was, I'd stop everything when my man called.

Marcos had been out of town on business for the past couple of days and I missed him so much. I hated when he had to leave me home alone, but I knew what I was getting into when we got involved.

My man was a boss and I respected that shit to the fullest. As my huge diamond sparkled on my left hand, I clicked the green phone icon on the screen to connect the call.

"Hey baby," I sang into the phone. "Hey beautiful, what you doing?" "I'm at the nail salon with Nia and Calle  getting my feet and nails done.

What are you doing?" "I'm getting ready to secure this deal and wrap shit up so I can come home to you," he said."

"That's music to my ears. What time you heading back?" "I should be coming in this evening. I need you to do something for me."

"Anything."

It didn't matter what my man needed me to do, I was gonna do it. He was the man of my dreams and I knew how much he loved me, so even if I had to leave my girls at this nail bar, that's what I was prepared to do.

"I need you to take yo fine ass to the Galleria and buy a beautiful dress for tonight," he said.

"For tonight? What's happening tonight?"

My man was always planning something special for me because he knew how much I loved surprises.

I couldn't have asked for a better man than Marcos García ... just about everyone in the city of Houston knew my man by his nickname Marco . I preferred to call him by his government name though.

It took me a while to get these feelings for him in check because at first, I couldn't stand his ass. Of course, looking at the two of us today, you would've never known that if I hadn't said it. I was glad that I took a chance on Marcos  though because if I hadn't, I would've never known what a good man he was.

"You'll see. Just have yo fine ass ready by eight o'clock," he said. "Okay baby. I'll see you tonight. I love you," I cooed into the phone.

"I love you more." "Please be careful," I said. "You already know babe." I blew kisses as did he and we ended the call.

I was smiling from ear to ear as I placed my phone on the little makeshift table connected to the massage chair. The woman quickly picked up my hand and started working on my cuticles. "

Well, what's going on with y'all tonight?" Nia asked. "

"I don't know girl. He wants me to go to the Galleria and shop for a dress." "

For what girl? Where y'all going?" Calle asked.

"I don't know. He just said he had a surprise for me when he got back in town," I said.

"You are so lucky that you have a man who really loves you like that girl," Calle said.

"I know right. My husband is the absolute best!" I gushed as I held up my left hand

. "Now bitch, you know you didn't need to pick that hand up. Everyone within a 50-mile radius can see that rock!" Nia remarked.

"Girl whatever!" I said as we laughed. I was so in love with Marcos and the fact that I was Mrs. Marcos García was like a dream come true. I could honestly say that as rough as I had it back then, this was where I had always wanted to be.