Serenity

The last thing I expected was to meet some dude at Calle house. Even though he was really good looking, his attitude was far from sexy. The fact that he would ask me if I wanted to smoke some weed with him... and in Calles' parent's house at that!

Ugh! I didn't even like drugs, so that automatically put him in a small space.

Once Calle had walked back in her room, I started questioning her about him. "What did he want?" I asked. "Apparently, he wants you." "Bullshit!" "For real." "I'm not interested in no dude who is a pot head," I said. "Hey, watch what you say about my cousin!" she said, but the expression on her face let me know that she didn't mean anything by it. "You won't want him then because Marcos smokes weed all the time," Nia said. "Not all the time!" Calle cut her eyes at Nia. "Right, well, most of the time," Nia said as she stuck her tongue out. "Look, don't let the fact that he smokes weed dissuade you from talking to him if you're interested in..." "Interested? Who said I was interested in him?" I asked. "Uh, the look on your face when I walked back in the room," Calle said. "You interested in Marcos girl?" Nia asked with the stank face. "Girl bye! I ain't interested in none of Carson's buddies! You can have 'em though," I said.

I didn't know why Nia was acting so funky with me. Maybe she had a thang for Marcos . I mean, I'd have to blind and dumb not to see it. "She can't have Marcos !" Calle said as she cracked up. Nia had the most serious smirk on her face as she narrowed her eyes at Calle. I wondered what was going on between the two of them, but I wasn't going to ask. If I didn't know they were friends, I'd swear they had beef with each other.

"Why can't she have Marcos ?" I asked. "Because he don't want her." "Shut up Calle!" Nia said angrily. "Girl, this my house. You shut up!" Nia rolled her eyes but didn't say another word as she grabbed her phone.

"Anyway," Calle said as she turned her attention to me. "My cousin is a cool dude and I know you think he's cute..." "Cute is for puppies, and just because he's good looking don't make him a catch. He smokes weed!" "So do most of the street dudes from the hood. I know you guys started off on the wrong foot, but he's a good guy." "I don't know about that since the jury is still out." She giggled a little while Nia continued to eye me sideways. "Anyway, y'all want pizza?" "Yep," I responded as my stomach started growling. "I could eat," responded Nia .

"Y'all want Domino's or Pizza Hut?" "I like Domino's, but I feel like eating some good greasy pizza," I said. "Pizza Hut it is," she laughed. "What do y'all like on your pizza?" "Meat lovers on a thin crust  sounds real good to me."It doesn't matter to me," Nia said. "Girl, you sound like you still salty," Calle said as she smirked at her. "Not at all." Even though her mouth said the words, her actions proved different.

I didn't think it was that serious. Hell, I didn't even know why she would still feel some kinda way. All I knew was that if it had anything to do with Marcos , she could have him. "Alright, if you say so," Calle said as she grabbed her phone and placed the order using the online app. Once the order had been placed, she sat on the bed next to me.

She took a deep breath and I just knew what was about to come out of her mouth before she opened it. "So, are you gonna tell me why that dude wanted to talk to you?" I asked before she could bring it up. "He's not just any dude, he's family and I already told you. He wants to holla at you," she said, giving me the side eye. "I don't think it would be a good idea for me to mess with him for three reasons." "Name them," she said.

"One, he's your family. I wouldn't want to get involved with him and then shit goes left and so does our friendship.
Two, he smokes weed and that's definitely not my type.
And three, I didn't like how he was just talking about my bougie ass!"

"Oh, you heard that huh?" she asked. "Every single word. We both did," I said as I looked over at Nia. "All good reasons to not get involved with him," Nia cosigned. "Well, he said you were fiery and that he likes his women spicy. He also wanted me to give him your phone number." "I know you didn't!" "Of course not! Cousin or not, I wouldn't give it to him without your permission." She bumped my shoulder with hers and smirked. "So, do you want me to give it to him?" "Girl bye!