Marcos

I couldn't believe my aunt and uncle had played me and my brother that way. They should've known that we weren't going to open our arms and receive that woman like that. I was all torn up inside because I didn't know how to react.

On the one hand, I wanted to cuss her out the way that my brother did. But then on the other hand, I wanted to ask her questions. Questions like where she been all this time, why did she leave, why didn't she stay gone. But I didn't get to ask anything.

My brother was so angry it didn't make no sense to ask anything. I knew that if I would've started to ask questions, he would've been even more upset. So rather than upsetting my brother more, I kept my questions to myself. But there was no way that I was going to keep those feelings bottled up inside me. I needed to let her know that her actions had fucked up our lives.

We got back to his place and I went straight to the room that he showed me would be mine. I just laid back in the bed with one arm behind my head thinking. I wasn't thinking about anything in particular though. I guess I was tired because I fell asleep in no time.

Few Months Later

Over the next couple of months things with my brother and our living situation was cool. However, I knew that I'd be moving out sooner rather than later. As much as I loved my big brother, we were in two different phases of our lives.

He was building his brand as one of the hottest barbers in Houston, while I was trying to bust a move to get my own trap house and coke connect. I knew that I was doing a lot for someone my age, but when I saw the money that Juan was making, I wanted to be the boss.

Eventually, I'd have my crew and people would be working for me. I decided to make shit happen soon. I was putting together a plan to rob Juan. They say don't bite the hand that feeds you, but I wanted more than what I had and the only way to get it was to pull off this heist. I knew it was gonna take some time for me to hash this plan out and put it in motion, but eventually, I'd get it done. I made a bet with my brother and I was going to keep my end of the deal. That meant before I pulled this shit off, I had to move out of his place. I wasn't going to risk any of this shit coming back on me and getting my brother caught in the line of fire.

There was this chick I had been dating for about six months that I was feeling, but then her attitude and possessive ways started getting the best of her. The way she was acting, you'd swear she was my parent. Well, I didn't have any parents to answer to, nor did I answer to my aunt and uncle anymore. I was a grown ass man, but she kept treating me like her property instead of her man. I guess that was because she was still in high school... immature ass.

Juan hit me up to come to the trap, so I got dressed and headed over there. When I arrived, several niggas was standing outside chatting it up. I nodded my head and kept it moving. I didn't need friends, only allies which I had a couple of.

I walked into the trap house to find Juan involved in a heavy conversation with his right hand Pablo. "Wassup y'all?" I asked as I shook hands with them. "The man of the hour!" Juan  said. Shit, I didn't know what the fuck he was talking about, but he had a big smile on his face so I wasn't worried. "What's going on?" I asked. "I just wanted to commend you for last week's sales. Sales are up and you have a lot to do with that!" Juan  said as he smiled showing off his gold teeth. "Well, thanks boss man. It's nice to be recognized," I said with a smile. I had been selling my ass off though, to any and every damn body who needed a fix.

I had it all... dope, Xanax, Percocet, cocaine, and whatever else those fiends needed. "So, whatchu think about a promotion?" Juan asked. "A promotion?" "Yea, well you've been working for me for almost two years. As I said, sales are up and shit, so I wanna recognize you for all your hard work." "What kind of promotion?" I asked. "Well, I was thinking about letting you run the trap in 3rd Ward," he said. "What? What happened to Ronay? I thought that was his territory," I said. The two of them looked at each other with a quizzical expression.