Mr. Roger

[Rayne]

We spent the better part of three days journeying to my hometown, only stopping at a motel once to get some sleep. Sam and Dean took turns driving, but Dean still wouldn't let me take the wheel of his precious Baby, so essentially I spent three days stuck in the back seat. On the third day, when we were a few hours away from my apartment, I got so sick of staring at the back of their two heads that I decided to climb over to the front and sit in between them.

"What do you think you're doing, Cherry Pie?" Dean asked, not looking over at me.

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"It looks like you're not in your designated spot."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm tired of sitting at the back of the class, Mr. Winchester."

"Fine, next time I'll strap you to the hood of the car."

"Or," I countered, "you can let me drive and you can sit in the back."

Dean barked out a short laugh. "In your dreams."

"Sam?" I asked, ignoring Dean. "Have you ever taken your brother to get his head examined? Maybe to see a psychiatrist?"

"Umm...no?" He looked confused. "Why?"

"Oh, no reason." I shrugged nonchalantly. "It's just that his obsession with his car is a bit disturbing, that's all."

Sam started to laugh in agreement.

"You're a bit disturbing," Dean grumbled next to me, obviously not being able to come up with a better comeback.

"You'll let me drive your car one of these days, Dean." I sat back satisfied with my arms crossed behind my head. 

He shot me a dark look. "Don't hold your breath."

~~~

It took us nearly the whole day to pack up my apartment. I arranged everything with my landlord while Dean and Sam went to find boxes and rent a small moving van. Luckily, I didn't have that much stuff to begin with, and between the three of us we had everything stuffed into the back of the truck by eight o'clock that night. While I followed the Impala to my mom's house, I called her to let her know that we were coming. 

"Rayne!" she called excitedly from the front porch when we pulled into the driveway.

"Mom," I answered, stepping out of the van and running to hug her. I held her tightly for several moments, not wanting to let go. When I finally stepped back she went to hug Sam and Dean who were standing in front of their car.

"I forgot how good looking you boys are," she told them with an air of flirtation. "I may just have to take a picture so that I don't forget again."

The brothers chuckled, looking slightly embarrassed. Well, Sam looked embarrassed; Dean was acting as if he'd gotten such propositions in the past — which, I had to admit, he most likely had.

"Well, come in, come in," she ushered us. "The food is getting cold. You can unpack Rayne's stuff tomorrow."

"What's on the menu tonight, Luna?" Dean asked once we were inside.

"Whatever it is, it smells delicious," Sam said.

"Well, I kind of went a little over the top for you kids," my mom admitted.

"Mom, you didn't have to do that," I told her as I set my bag down, took off my ankle boots and tossed them next to the hallway closet.

"I wanted to, darling," she assured me. "Let me have my fun."