0309.

VOCALISE

VOCALISE.

Saturday, 11 March 2017

Harry was still in London. For the last nine days, he had stayed with Finn at his flat as not to overwhelm Jackie and to give her her own space, which he knew she needed. The morning after he had come back, they had woken up on separate sides of the bed, just like when they had gone to sleep. However, Jackie's hand was resting along her side, a little stretched out, completely relaxed, and she could feel the hint of a light touch against her pinky. Looking down, she saw Harry's pinky laying just beside hers, loosely entwined. It was a weird thing for them to have done, like they had reached for each other in the tiniest way possible. He had still been sleeping when she woke up, so she didn't want to wake him, but she did have plans with Finn at Costa.

All plans of staying quiet were demolished when her phone started ringing. Sighing, she turned around, only to see it was Finn. He was shouting into the phone, excited to actually managing to be awake as early as 8am on a day he didn't need to be, and Jackie listened to him with the occasional grunt of comprehension.

"Fuck's sake." Harry had mumbled, morning voice just as raspy as she remembered it. "Tell Finn to lay off, will you? Sounds like a rusty fucking police siren."

Once they had both gotten up and ready, they walked to the Costa by Clapham Junction, where Finn came running towards them. He had given Harry the biggest hug, patting his back and holding his head between his hands, not able to believe that it was actually true. Finn gave Harry the keys to his flat while him and Jackie walked on into the coffee shop. When asked what Harry was doing in London, Jackie just sipped her coffee, giving herself time to think. She told him Harry just needed some time away from Paris for a little while, to which Finn furrowed his brows and studied Jackie for a few seconds. It was clear he didn't believe a single word of what she was saying, but she knew Finn, he would never press for more information than what he was given first-hand.

The rest of the week, Jackie rarely saw Harry at all. He was at Finn's or out with his other mates, and she was busy with uni and everything else in between. The girls knew he was back as well, both asking Jackie multiple times what he was really doing here, and she told them what she had told Finn. She had repeated the same answer so many times now that she was almost starting to believe it. However, much she knew she needed to tell her friends what the real reason behind Harry being there was, the biggest part of her wasn't ready yet. She had had next to no say in how anything in her life had panned out these last few months, she wanted to take control of this situation on her own. When the time was right for her, she would tell them.