Locker room

After the events of the last day you found yourself being shaken awake. You opened your eyes to see it was Ty.

Ty: Come on Y/n wake up the sun is out.

Y/n: (half asleep) And what am I supposed to do? Photosynthesis?

Ty: Everyone's already heading into the locker room, your going to be late.

Y/n: Fine I'm up, just quit yapping already.

The two of you headed into to the locker room, after washing your face you changed into your combat gear. You along with Ty started walking to the exit when you heard a voice you hadn't heard since you graduated Sanctum academy.

Pyrrha: Y/n hello it's so good to see you.

You turned to see the ever cheery Pyrrha Nikos and standing next to her was the annoying heiress from yesterday Weiss Schnee.

Ty: Wow you know Pyrrha Nikos?

You: Yeah we went to the same combat school. Hey red it's been awhile.

Weiss: You know this brute?

You: Who're you calling a brute princess.

Weiss: Don't call me that, I'm the heiress of the of the SDC Weiss Schnee. You'd do well to remember it.

You: Well thats great but guess who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap. (Points both thumbs to self) This guy.

Weiss looks at you with frustration when Jaune suddenly slides in between you and Weiss.

Jaune: You know what else is great? Me. Jaune Arc. Nice to meet you.

Weiss: (irritated) You again?

Pyrrha: (hurriedly letting herself be seen) Nice to meet you, Jaune!

Jaune: Yeah, yeah. (pushes Pyrrha aside and talks to Weiss, posing slightly) So, Weiss, couldn't help but overhear your fondness of me the other day.

You: (mentally facepalms) Is he serious.

Weiss: Oh, you've got to be kidding me!

Jaune: Don't worry! No need to be embarrassed! So, been hearing rumors about teams! I was thinking you and me would make a good one! What do you say?

Pyrrha: (getting Jaune's attention) Actually, I think the teams are comprised of four students each, so-

Jaune: You don't say. Well, hot stuff, play your cards right and maybe you could join up with the winning team.

You: Jaune, buddy, your way outta your league with this one.

Weiss: Jaune, is it? Do you have any idea who you're talking to?

Jaune: Not in the slightest, snow angel.

Weiss: This is Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Hello again!

Weiss: Pyrrha graduated top of her class at Sanctum!

Jaune: Never heard of it.

Weiss: (scoffs) She's won the Mistral Region Tournaments four years in a row! A new record!

Pyrrha: I just did my best. (Looks to Y/n) Y/n here may have given me a run for my money but-

You: Not my fault they host the damn thing so early every year that I overslept and missed the registration.

Jaune: The what?

Ty: She's on the front of every Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes box.

Jaune: That's you?! But they only do that for star athletes and cartoon characters!

Pyrrha: Yeah, it was pretty cool. Sadly, the cereal isn't very good for you.

You: (mumbling) and expensive as hell.

Weiss: So, after hearing all of this, do you really think you're in a position to ask her to be on your team?

Jaune: I guess not... Sorry... (hanging his head)

Pyrrha: Actually, Jaune, I think you'd make a great leader! Right Y/n?

You: Yeah sure why not.

Jaune: (immediately brightening back up) D'oh, stop it!

Weiss: Seriously, please stop it. This kind of behavior should not be encouraged!

Jaune: Sounds like Y/n and Pyrrha's on board for Team Jaune. Spots are filling up quick! Now, I'm not supposed to do this, but maybe I could pull some strings, find a place for you. What do you say?

Weiss: All right, that's a bit too close! Pyrrha, a little help, please?!

Jaune looks back just in time to see Miló strike him, sending the would-be leader flying off and getting pinned to a locker.

Pyrrha: I'm sorry!

You: Good to see your aims still sharp.

An announcement plays on the intercom system.

Glynda (voice only): Would all first-year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation? Again, all first-year students report to Beacon Cliff immediately.

Weiss passes Jaune as he hangs from the wall of a locker on her way out. Pyrrha follows her, grabbing her spear and dropping Jaune to the ground.

Pyrrha: It was nice meeting you!

Jaune: Likewise...

Yang: (as she and Ruby approach) Having some trouble there, lady-killer?

Jaune: I don't understand. My dad said all women look for is confidence! Where did I go wrong?

Ty: Maybe she didn't like the nickname you chose.

Yang: Yeah "Snow Angel" probably wasn't the best start.

You: Also your taste in women.

Yang: And what exactly are your taste Y/n?

You: (shrugs) Never really thought about it but I am starting to have a thing for blondes.

You notice Yang face start to go a little red as she turns to head out of the locker room.

Ruby: Come on, Jaune, let's go.

Timeskip.

All the incoming student were now standing on platforms  at the cliffs overlooking the Emerald forest, in front of you stood Professor Ozpin and Goodwitch. You barely paid attention to the speech Ozpin was giving, only thinking back to what was written on the note your father sent you.

You: (To self) You got answers I need Ozpin.

One by one students were launched into the forest, You prepared for your turn when you notice Ozpin Looking at you intently, you notice a smile appears on his face as you were launched.

Chapter End