The Stray

You let out a big yawn as you and your team were walking through the streets of Vale. People were all working towards decorating in time for the Vytal Festival. Red, yellow, and green streamers and balloons are proudly on display. A sign is being put up by the elderly Shopkeep that reads in bright red letters "WELCOME TO VALE!" for all the foreign newcomers from their respective kingdoms of Remnant, Elli and Akio were in awe at the sight.

You: It's our day off, why'd you guys have to go and wake me up for this?

Ty: Come on Y/n, how could you not be excited about this?

Akio: Yeah this is a lot different from how they do it in Vacuo.

You: (yawns) Yeah, Yeah.

As you all continued to walk you felt someone tug on your jacket sleeve, looking back it was Elli who pointed towards a crowd of people who were gathered around a shop with a shattered window down the street and a door full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force.

Akio: Woah lets check t out.

You all moved closer to the crowd and as you did you saw a familiar red hood, it was Ruby and next to her were the rest of her team. They saw us coming and ran up to meet us.

Ruby: Hey guys what are you doing here?

Ty: We're here to check out the city, what about you guys?

Yang: Weiss wanted to get a heads up on the competition.

Weiss: You can't prove that.

You: Hmm surprised we didn't think of that.

Akio: Ehh too much work and where's the fun in knowing ahead of the fight.

Ty: So whats going on here?

Weiss: Isn't it obvious, this is the white fang's doing, What an awful bunch of degenerates!

Blake: What's your problem?

Weiss: My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.

Blake: The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided Faunus."

Weiss: Misguided? They want to wipe Humanity off the face of the planet!

Blake: So then they're very misguided. Either way, it doesn't explain why they would rob a Dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale!

Ruby: "Hmm... Blake's got a point. Besides, the police never caught that Torchwick guy I ran into a few months ago... Maybe it was him."

Weiss: "That still doesn't change the fact that the White Fang are a bunch of scum." (to Blake's growing anger) Those Faunus only know how to lie, cheat, and steal.

You: I doubt that's true.

Sailor: Hey, stop that Faunus!

a Faunus with a golden monkey tail is seen running down the length of the boat and leaping on to the edge as the two sailors are about to apprehend him.

You: Well that's just bad timing.

Detective 1: "Hey! Get down from there this instant!"

The faunus drops a banana peel on the detective's face, who growls in return. The monkey-lik Faunus twirls up to crouch on the lamppost, laughs in amusement, and proceeds to leap off and run away from the detectives. As he runs past both your teams, he winks at an astonished Blake.

You: (to Blake) Friend of yours?

Blake: No.

Yang: Well, Weiss, you wanted to see the competition, and there it goes...