1. We can

Hey guys! This was the 13th fanfiction that I wrote. I like to believe I've developed and learned new things throughout writing all those stories, so the newer they are, the better grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary they have. Thanks for being with me! xx, Lotta.

...

Jughead's POV

June 18, 2017

Riverdale. A small town on the shore of a river. It's a place where people come to hide. No tourism, no big shopping centers, no Starbucks, no Taco Bell, nothing. Located in the state of New York, but 4 hours away from the big city, making it just a meaningless trip. Cold winter, fresh spring, hot summer, and rainy fall.

The town is divided into two: the Northside--from two-floored sweet family homes to rich mansions, from the local diner to the local gay strip club--and the Southside--from family huts to trailer parks and bars. The Northside is the place where families who are rich, wealthy or at least have enough money to send their kids to college live. The Southside is the place for low-lives or people who can't make enough money to get food for their children. There are no wars, but people on the Northside can't really stand us, Southsiders. Apparently we're "dangerous". Or that's what the grownups think.

Luckily, my generation is better. I'm fifteen and some of my best friends live on the Northside. We all have to share a school and it really makes us closer. Some, obviously, are bitches and jerks, but I try to keep away from them. My three childhood best friends are really the best: Betty, Archie, and Veronica.

I'm Jughead. My real name is so much worse so I just go by that. My hobbies are writing, reading, watching series and movies, and eating. I eat every time I have the change. Because food is life.

Right now, I'm walking down a street on the Northside. Children are playing on the super green grass in their gardens, happy that it's finally a hot summer day without any rain. The sky is clear from the clouds, celebrating the first day of summer vacation. I'm on my way to Betty's house. I haven't really told her I'm coming, but I've known her since we were born and she is my best friend. Of course, when people ask who my best friend is I can't just name her, because they'll think I have a crush, so I usually just name Archie. But Betty knows that it's her. She doesn't need words or verification for that. She's simply the best.

Her mom and my dad have always been best friends too. That's how we kind of hit it off so easily. They never not let us stay over at each other's homes for the night or worry if it's safe enough on the opposite sides of the town. Because our parents trust each other and her family is kind of like my second one.

I ring the doorbell to her house after climbing up the stairs on her front porch. The house has two floors and the attic (the third one), it's simple, looks like a great home for a happy family. And it is.

Mrs. Cooper opens the door and smiles, seeing me. She looks a lot like Betty, only that an older version of her. She has blonde hair, falling onto her back, always light clothes and always a smile on her face. Betty doesn't really handle the last two rules great, but she has blonde hair as well.

"Hi Jughead," she smiles and lets me in.

"Hi, Alice. Is Betty here?" I ask. She never lets me call her Mrs. Cooper, so I've just called her Alice for my whole life.

"Yeah, in the dining room," she says and I follow her there.

They're all eating breakfast together as every year on the first day of summer vacation. Always pancakes.

Betty is 15, born on the same day as I am, May 12, 2002. She has crystal green eyes, a beautiful jawline, perfect lips and nose, and blonde hair which yesterday reached her waist but not anymore. I swear to god, she's even more beautiful this way.