4. You're adorable

July 3, 2017

“What are we gonna do now?” I ask Betty as she's snuggled into me on my bed in the trailer I live in.
“Keep dating and won't tell anyone,” she says quietly.
“Not even Archie or Veronica?” I ask, stroking her hair softly and looking at her beautiful face on my biceps.
“We can't hide it from them… It'd be great to at least maybe act like a couple when we're with our best friends,” she says quietly. The whole day she has talked to me with a really timid voice. She's embarrassed. I'm telling her not to be, but she still is.
“Or you know what else we could do?” I ask.
She looks at me sadly. “What?” she sighs.
“We could keep on dating. Tell your parents to go to hell and make out in front of them just to annoy them,” I say, making her giggle.
She turns to me and snuggles her face into the crook of my neck, leaving a soft kiss there. It would be awkward to do this kind of stuff a week after our first kiss, but we're comfortable with each other and we're each other's best friends, so it's not.
“I'll get grounded,” she murmurs, her hot breath cutting my neck in a pleasurable way.
“You’ll get grounded if we won't tell them and they'll find out anyways,” I chuckle. I feel her sigh and she moves her head to my chest which seems to be her favorite place at the moment.
“I’m sorry that my parents ruined this,” she says, not facing me, but our feet, cheek against my chest.
“Baby, they didn't ruin this,” I say, keeping my arms wrapped around her torso, holding her against me. “I still love you and I don't care if your parents allow us or not, I'm still going to kiss you every time I feel like it.”
I feel her swallow and then she turns her head to face me with her excited but soft big green eyes. “What?” she asks, even though out of breath, but still sounding shocked.
“What?” I ask, frowning, deciding to tease her a little, actually knowing why she reacted like this.
She keeps staring at me with the same soft expression for a few seconds and then shakes her head just a little, looking confused and turns her head back down. I smile big. Her reaction is so freaking cute, I can't handle it. She looked almost as if she didn't believe I love her. She looked surprised I actually do. But so excited.
“I love you,” I say quietly and turn back serious the exact moment her head flies up to look at me again with a scared look. That I wasn't expecting.
“Please tell me I'm not imagining your voice,” she sighs with a small frown on her face.
“What? What voice?” I ask worriedly with a frown. Her eyes go wider and she starts blinking every second, holding back her tears. “I’m kidding,” I chuckle and she looks confused. “It was me. I love you.”
Her hand flies up and she slaps me, only making me laugh in pain. I knew she was gonna do that. She's my Betty, of course she was going to do that. And then just a second after, her hands cup my face and she pulls my lips on hers.
“I love you too,” she says between our kisses. I'm… as happy as possible right now. I knew she loves me, she's told me many many times, but it was as a friend. And now… it is as my girlfriend.

“Hey you two. Wake up,” I hear my dad whispering and then shaking us. Both of us groan and Betty hides her face into my chest and I do the same with her hair. “Betty, your mom's here.”
I feel Betty's head raise up immediately and she tries to get out of my arms, but I won't let her, hiding my face back into her hair. “Juggy, I'm gonna get grounded for the whole summer, let me go,” she says quietly.
I hear my dad chuckling, but Betty doesn't say anything anymore, just lets her leg fall off of my torso, making my hand from her thigh drop as well. She leans up probably, because the next thing I know she kisses my lips softly and when she pulls away, my forehead.
I sigh and open my eyes in defeat. They both chuckle at me and I lean up and give Betty a kiss on the cheek after what she runs her hand through my hair and gets up from the bed, grabbing her phone. “Fuck, I was supposed to be home an hour ago,” she murmurs to herself and looks at my dad. “Is she mad?”
“No, if I won't tell her,” he teases.
I chuckle and Betty smiles with a tilted head. “You won't, right?”
“Who knows,” he sighs, still teasing, and goes out of the room.
Betty smiles at me and squats down next to the bed. “You have to wake up or you can't sleep at night,” she tells me, caressing my cheek with the back of her hand. I nod and we kiss for a few seconds. “I love you,” she whispers when pulling away.
“Love you too,” I say back quietly and lean up to kiss her forehead for a goodbye. She smiles while getting up and walks out of my small room.