35. I hate math...

February 17, 2020

"He loves you," Lynette tells me with a smile after we've gone through the security gates. She's talking about FP who brought us here with car.
"I know," I say with a sad smile. "He always has... People have asked me if I'm a daddy's or mama's girl. I'd say I'm his, but that would sound weird," I grin, making her laugh. "He's always been my favorite."
"I can see why. He's cool," she says as we walk towards our gate.

"Hi honey," my mom breathes out and pulls me into a hug the moment she sees me. I hug her back and see Lynette doing the same to her mom.
"Hi," I say quietly. We hug for a while and then she pulls away and frames my face with her hands.
I smile sadly. "I miss them."
She chuckles at that and kisses my forehead. "I know. But I missed you. And don't do that ever again. Plus you're grounded. Until you graduate you come straight home from work or school." I nod with a smile and she frowns at that. "You like that?"
"I like that I went. Best choice ever made."
She rolls her eyes at me with a small smile and takes my bag. "Come on, let's go home."

February 18, 2020

"Betty," I hear my mom's voice. "Honey, you have school, you have to wake up."
I groan and pull the duvet over my head. "I love this bed and I love this room and I love you. Don't make me go," I murmur, making her chuckle.
She pulls the sheets a little down and I frown at that, opening my eyes. "Stop pouting, you're almost 18, I don't have to wake you anymore. Get up. You've missed school for a while."
"I haven't actually missed it..."
She chuckles and pulls the duvet totally off, revealing my shorts and Jug's flannel. "Come on. Up."
I sigh and sit up, making her smile as she walks out of the room. I push myself onto my feet and pack my bag. I studied until like 3am to catch some more things up that I didn't already do in Riverdale. Today I have a maths exam, so both me and Lynette had FP explain to us how all of this works, because we didn't understand a shit.
I just dress in my normal damaged jeans and a white T-shirt with some random bra and panties, pulling on my sneakers. I brush my hair and throw it into a messy bun, grab my things and walk to the kitchen slowly.
Mom smiles at me and I sit down, make myself some cereal and start eating.
"Can you drop me off?" I ask while yawning. She frowns so I look at her pleadingly.
"I don't have work until 9," she says.
"You can come back home..." I suggest.
"Why won't you take your bike?" she sighs. I look up at her. She never lets me ride my bike to school.
"Really?" I ask.
"I wondered why not... You'd get home faster to be grounded," she says with a small smile. I smile really big and nod. "Here," she says, giving me the pills I need to take. I sigh and drink them down with water.

"Girl," Taylor says as I pull my helmet off. I'd be smiling, 'cause I really enjoyed the ride here, but I'm not, because everyone is staring at me now.
"Hey," I say uncomfortably.
"Look the fuck away!" Lynette shouts and most people almost jump and krep moving. I laugh as she smiles at us now.
"Your mom let you? Or are you being a total rebel now?" Taylor continues, hugging me hello.
"She said I'd get home faster to be grounded. Also I can go and eat or drop my things off before going to work, so..."
"Is it just me or your mom has been taking the guard down lately?" Lyn asks as the three of us start walking towards the school.
"Yeah, I heard stories while in Riverdale," Taylor agrees.
"Yeah, she was uptight when I was like 10-15, but... Well I hate to say it, but the depression helped. She just stopped with the medicine a while ago and she's been calm and not so overly-worried ever since."

"Miss Cooper," my teacher says. I quickly look up from my phone with a little widened eyes, the phone sliding into my pocket.
"Sorry," I say.
She sighs. "You've been missing classes. Better pay attention now if you want to grt through the exams." I nod, agreeing and rest my chin onto my hand, elbow on the table. "Could you come here and solve this problem?"
I look at the huge problem on the whiteboard and sigh, nodding. She raises her eyebrows as I actually take the marker and start doing something. The class is silent while I chew on my lower lip and make the equations.
"I need a calculator," I say with a soft and quiet voice as I turn to look at Lynette. She gives me one and I murmur a quiet thanks as I see a few boys staring directly at my eyes. I meet their eyes and quickly turn away as I see one of them smiling at that.
I keep doing the equation and when I'm done, I look at the teacher who is looking at the whiteboard in shock while I'm twiddling with my fingers.
"Where do you know that? We haven't studied it yet," she says.
I raise my eyebrows, blush creeping on my cheeks now. "Uh... I thought you have. My uh... Someone thought me while I wasn't in school, he's pretty good, helped me get a few things straight."
She looks at me doubtfully. "Your mom said you were sick."
I gulp. "She said that? I mean, I am still sick..."
She looks so confused, so I just lower my head. "And who was the man who thought you that? Is it your dad?"
"Why is this important?" I sigh. "I made the equation correctly, can I please sit down?"
"Is this your dad?" she asks with a harsher tone. Why does it matter to her?
"No," I say with a harsher voice now myself. "He's a family friend, more of a dad for me than my own. Can I sit down now?" I ask madly.
She points her finger at me with a frown. "What's his name?"
"I'm not forced to tell you my personal life," I just say, as politely as possible.
"Seriously, stop. Betty, sit down," Lyn says. I look towards her and then back at the teacher, not knowing what to do. "Come on."
I look at the teacher while going to sit down and keep my head low all the time.
"I need to talk to you," the teacher tells me. "After the class."
I frown and keep ignoring her as she keeps talking with the class, who is also confused.