11: Guardians (Not "Of The Galaxy", Sadly)

Even with all the clues I've been given, we have no idea who the villain is. 

Carlos and I have been scouring through my copy of "Villains On the Isle and Their Horrific Backstories" for hours, with nothing to prove for it. Not one villain that starts with "P" could have done this. Every single "Pirate", and even "Prince John" from Robin Hood's story. We even looked at heroes with P names. Peter Pan, Mrs. Potts, Pocahontas, Percy the dog, Powhatan, and basically every "P" you can think of.

We also checked out "Prince" Hans and Hans Jr, since we at least know for a fact that they hate me. But both of them are safe and sound on the Isle. 

"Ugh! This is pointless." I groan, slamming the book shut. "Everything would be so much easier if we just knew who he was!"

"Well, if he has this much power, Ellie, I'm not sure going after Sera is a good idea." Carlos says, taking the book away and putting it back on my shelf. 

"It's never a good idea." I point out. 

"True." he agrees. "But this time it's a worse idea that usual."

"You guys succeeded in getting Ben and I back. Sera was able to rescue me from the ship, and then all of us got out of the prison. Well, the ones that were able to escape freed everyone else. And then we got Sera back from her coma. And---"

"All right, all right!" Carlos laughs. "So it always works out. There's a first time for everything, though."

"How true." I sigh. "Then let's just keep postponing the first time, all right?"

"I'm not sure it works that way."

"I'm makin' it work that way."

"You have been spending way too much time with the daughter of Ares." Dad says from the doorway. "And I told you to stop looking for him."

"And I told you I want Sera back. Looks like neither of us payed any attention to each other." I say. 

"Teenagers." Dad rolls his eyes. 

"When you become a teenager again and can understand my situation, then I'll listen to you." I say, turning back to the book before remembering that Carlos already put it back. I instead focus on Carlos since I already turned my back. He smiles, having noticed my fumble. 

"Carlos, is there any Auradon kids who go to school that would be from some vague story with a P villain?"

"Um... well, there's Hercules..." he glances at my dad. "Not that that's a vague, unimportant story!! I mean, uh, there's Pain and Panic? Maybe they don't like that he had a daughter?"

Dad waves his hand nonchalantly. "Pain and Panic were useless. They wouldn't be able to find Lissa, much less attack her dreams. The only time they were ever useful when they had to fish me out of the Styx."

(Author's note: I needed a river name, and thought Styx was the most useful.)

"Hey, wait---those freaky little blue-and-red guys?" I ask. "Aren't they the ones who made the "If, if is good" meme popular?"

Dad barks out a laugh. "Yes, that's them. Most worthless little guys I ever saw."

"Worthless worms?" Carlos asks, a grin spreading across his face. 

"Still no, That Boy."

"Shutting up."

"Good That Boy."

"Hello? Girl-that-is-looking-for-her-freind still here?" I wave my arms around. 

"Right. Sorry, Liss. As I came in here to say, I think it's all a waste of time. P villain's story was buried for a reason. The, ah, group against him thought it  necessary to help hide who he was so that they could stay alive."