12: High Opinion, High Annoying Voice

"So... I assume you realized who he was, and thunked his name?" Sera asks, rolling her eyes.

"Well, Carlos thought it, actually. I'd hoped I would be the one to figure it out." I sigh. "Since Endora's doohickey---" I reach for my forehead. "---is gone. Oh, crap." I scramble around, trying to find it, but Pitch probably tore it off when I was in his transport-shadow thing.

Sera snickers. "So you know his name now? Can you please tell me, cuz I ain't got nothin' on him."

"I don't think so." I say. "That way, if we escape, you don't accidentally think it."

"Pfft. You've thought it at least five times in the past few minutes, Icy."

I shrug. "I mean... Only like three or four."

Sera barks a laugh. "That's my Icy. Also, I am officially going to name you Icy Pop from now on."

"I realize I'm in my weird ice cube stage." I sigh. "I don't know why, okay?"

"Probably because the Icy Pop inside of you has revealed it's true form."

"Oh, shut up, will you?" But we're both laughing. Sera has that effect. Even kidnapped, mom-power-less, Endora's-protective-thing-gone, and in Icy pop mode, I'm able to laugh with her. Of course, I was able to laugh with her when I was dying from my dad's side of my powers, sooo...

My mouth falls open. Duh! My dad's powers!

Sera grins. "I hope that open jaw means ya've figured somethin' out!"

"My dad---" I remember where we are, and my voice hushes. "My dad's powers! He didn't take them away!"

"On the contrary..." Pitch appears in a swirl of black sand. "I removed them."

In my confusion, I barely register that my consciousness automatically checks my chest for the heat inside my heart. Pitch must really be an idiot, because I still feel the pulsing fire of my dad's flames. Not my mom's ice.

But it's not like I would tell Pitch that, would I?

Also, I should stop thinking his name. I think I'll call him Leroy.

Pitch swoops between mine and Sera's cells. "I wouldn't try to break free, girl." he tells me. "These bars may look weak, but they're enchanted with enough spells to hold back Fairy Godmother herself."

I glance at Sera, who sulks. "Yup. Already tried."

Pitch smiles with his thin, ugly mouth. "Indeed. This girl has been... a very entertaining captive."

Sera sticks her tongue out at him. Which kinda just proves his point.

Pitch throws back his head and laughs a high, cruel laugh. "Before you were annoying. Now that I have caught my prey, you're just something I'm glad to have suffered through in order to have my revenge!"

"Revenge?" I repeat, rolling my eyes. "Of course. What villain doesn't want revenge? What is it this time? Did my dad kick your butt? Are you mad at him for having a daughter and deserting the Isle? Or my mom? Don't tell me you flirted with her too!"

"Silence!" Pitch yells. "I have no idea what any of that means other than yes I want revenge from your father! But he's too well defended... to hard to track. So I targeted his daughter instead."

I roll my eyes. "Thanks, Dad. Gave me a whole new list of enemies because you had to fall in love with the Snow Queen." I mutter. Pitch doesn't appear to have heard me, because he turns to Sera and smiles.

"And you, my girl. You really haven't guessed who I am?"

"Nope! You must not be cool enough." Sera chirps.

Pitch growls low in his throat. Apparently she's still annoying.

"I am cooler than all of you!" Pitch roars. "I am darkness itself! I am feared by all! I am---"

"Getting repetitive." says a new voice, smooth and feminine. A chill runs through me, even though I don't recognize the voice at all. Sera seems to, though, and horror dawns on her face like she's just figured something out.

Pitch glares in the darkness. "Ah, my two companions have finally decided to join us. Fine, come on. Let the girl guess why you're here too."

The woman scoffs. "As if she'd be able to guess my reason. Hers, maybe. Not mine."

"Just come out already!" Pitch yells.

"Temper, temper." The woman drawls.

"Ohhhh, let me out already! I want to see the look on pip-ice's face!" A new voice whines, high and throaty. Sera's face goes even whiter.

"I think I'll linger a while longer." First voice says.

"You linger anywhere you go." Pitch mutters under his breath. "You cling, in fact."

"Oh, come now, you know how I hate the mumbling!" First Voice snaps, not sounding as melodic.

"Then come out!" Pitch orders.

"Um, excuse me!" I say, now getting very angry and annoyed. "Can you come out, please? I'd like to know who's going to kill me before I die of hearing you argue."

They all three go silent.

"Abrupt, this one." Voice one muses.

"I would like her if I wasn't required to hate all Auradon devils." Voice two squawks.

"Very well, we're coming." Voice one says. "No---come on, you dolt! We're actually coming out this time!"

"Don't push!" Voice two protests.

And finally---finally---the two female voices appear in the hallway, having just stepped out from the light.

Crap.

____________________________________

DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNN!!! Who are the two mysterious women? Hmm?? Will ya be able to guess by the hint I dropped near the end???????? WILL YA?!??!

(BTW I only hinted at ONE of the women---the other one is free for random guesses. Just know it's a villain Ellie's never seen face-to-face before, but one she should be familiar  *my eyebrows jump up and down* with.)

Hope you guys liked this!!