16: Time To Let Go

I grab hold of Carlos' hand, catching the edge of the window just in time for both of us to dangle there, my shoulder screaming in pain as I hold on the ledge with one aching hand and on Carlos with the other. Who knew my boyfriend was so heavy?

Carlos' eyes are full of fear as he gazes up at the window ledge. "Ellie!"

I follow his gaze to the window, where the shadow is leering down, draping its smoke over us, covering me with a sense of hopelessness like I'd never felt. I hear a pained gasp and know Carlos is going through the same thing. I squeeze my eyes shut. My freaky, weird, awful eyes.

I can feel the fire inside me, begging to be free. Needing to burn free, to light the world with its warmth.

I can't. I can't do it. I can't control the fire, can't hold back the heat...

I can't.

My thoughts race through my head, but it's my heart that finally understands.

I need to let go.

I need to embrace the side of me I'd been avoiding.

I need to finally accept who I am.

Who I really am.

So I do.

I let go of the ledge, and grab hold of Carlos as we fall.

And then start to burn. 

______________________________

So this isn't the EXACT copy of my sneak-peak chapter, but it's very close, just a few more added details. As Ellie's Flame evolved on, I felt this chap needed more detail. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Next one will be filled with A LOT of awesome Ellie-ness. YAAAAAAR!