3: Sparks Fly

My mind is whirling. My mom and Dad went back to the North Mountain after the wedding, and have visited every few weeks since then. Dad's always looked the same since I met him---electric blue eyes, messy but short brown hair, suit and tie with comfortable shoes.

But this man has the exact same face as my father. Leaner and crueler, with paler eyes than my father and a lot of unneeded makeup, but it looks like Hades. Endora's magic works overtime, getting closer shots and a wide shot to show Mal's limo.

This Hades has bright blue hair styled in a mohawk, wearing long black leather. His nails are painted black, with heavy shoes. And in his hand, he's holding a shimmering, blue stone.

Mal's car screeches to a stop, it's occupants filing out in disbelief. Jay, Carlos, Ben, and Sera move in front, trying to protect the people behind. 

I notice Maira is literally supporting me. "Ellie. Ellie, are you good?"

"My dad---it---I---" I stammer, shaking my head. My heart pounds inside my chest, and I find I can't really focus on anything but the image of my father trying to tear his way out of the barrier.

"I AM A GOD! I DON'T BELONG HERE!" He yells, his head stuck through the barrier. His hair flames blue, twisting in an angry way. My father's fire dances. This man's crash against one another in a deformed way. 

Sera, Ben, Jay, and Carlos all run for the guy. With four quick strikes, blue magic streaks from his stone, hitting them. All four collapse, still awake but unable to get up.

"NO!" I shriek. Strength courses through me, and I shove off of Maira. My father or not, nobody attacks my friends. Within an instant, blackness surrounds me and the world comes back into focus with me standing on top of Mal's limo.

Hades focuses on me, his facial expression becoming astonished, and kind of confused.

"Leave them ALONE!" I yell, thrusting both hands in his direction. A blast of ice knocks him backward, but he manages to keep one hand outside the barrier. Forcing his way back out again, he aims his stone towards me.

"ICY!" Sera yells, but I don't duck in time. The magic hits me full-on in the stomach. Instead of doubling over as one would in this situation, I'm blasted backward. I shoot right off of the limo, cracking the back of my head on the magical road in front of the limo. I'm lucky I didn't slide a few more feet, or else I would've fallen to the ocean below.

I groan and sit up, rubbing my head. Luckily, upon examining my hand, I see no blood. But by the time I actually pay attention to what's going on around me, I see Mal is a dragon once more, and Hades is using his glowy blue rock to hit her this time. But it's not a short blast. It keeps forcing her backward, like how magnets repel one another.

Mal the dragon roars in pain, one of her claws going to her chest. I rub mine in sympathy, hobbling to my feet. Evie helps me up.

"Come on Mal, blast him!" Jay yells. He and the other three are still on the ground, Sera looking very angry about it.

Mal heaves herself backward as if preparing, then lets forth a blast of air. Hades goes sprawling backward, the barrier snapping closed behind him.

Evie and I help the boys and Sera up. Sera winces as she stands, but won't let me support her. "I saw him hit you, Icy. That can't've felt nice."

"It didn't." I admit, rubbing my stomach again. "But it looked like Mal had it worse."

We all look up. Mal is still holding her heart area, lowering herself slowly. In a swirl of purple mist, she drops onto the trunk of the car. Evie and Ben rush forward, helping her climb off. Her face is pained, and she's gasping for air. But it doesn't stop her from watching as Hades stands, watching our group in hatred.

"Are you okay?" Evie ask Mal.

"No." Mal stammers. "He was draining all my magic with the ember, and I felt all of my powers slipping away." Her voice is strained.

"His ember?" I ask in surprise. "But... Dad said he didn't know where it was."

"I mean, obviously he was lying." Sera says gesturing. "Ells, why is your dad suddenly all wackadoo?"

"I don't know!" My powers flare inside me, and a few sparks fly from my fingertips.

"Ellie, calm down." Carlos says, putting an arm around my waist. "We'll figure this out."

"But..." My vision swims before me, watching as my father sneers at us before turning and stalking away without a second glance. "My dad..." As he strides away, I catch a glimpse of the flame designs on the back of his coat. Looking down, I see they're almost exactly like the ones on my sleeves and the hem of my jacket. "This doesn't make any sense."

"We should go." Jay suggests, sounding worried.

"Okay." Mal whispers. Holding tightly to Ben, she stumbles back to the limo. Carlos helps me along. Part of me wonders whether or not I should just transport myself back to Auradon, but after what just happened...

I'm not sure I want any ties to my father right now. 

_________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Funny, random thing I noticed: In "Elicia's Ice" that once chap where Chad grabs Ellie and Carlos punches him, and then Chad, Ellie, and Audrey go to the nurse's office? People seem to really like the nurse. just something funny I saw. 

:)