VII

jung hoseok couldn't stand hotel pillows. he couldn't stand hotel beds or the smell of a hotel. he couldn't stand the smell of the tourist clothes he had been forced to buy after leaving his house quickly on a whim, and he couldn't stand the overwhelming boredom that overtook his body. he couldn't stand the lack of television channels, and he certainly couldn't stand hotel showers.

when yoongi and hoseok showered, yoongi always made sure hoseok was warm, so understandably so, hoseok loved warm showers. hotel showers, however, were anything but warm. the pressure, the temperature, the lack of needed space to move around, and the lack of soap drove hoseok crazy.

he wanted more than anything to return back home and lay in his beloved boyfriend's arms, but he forced himself to not do so.

maybe hoseok was an adrenaline junky, maybe he just couldn't stand staying still, or maybe he just felt as though he should argue with his boyfriend for no reason. either way, yoongi was an absolute no go for jung hoseok for at least the next week or until yoongi changes his mind.

hoseok was never a stubborn person, yet he felt his feet being held in concrete in terms of his boyfriend's inability to perform new tasks. it annoyed him to no end.

hoseok lays on the uncomfortable hotel bed, probably laced with semen and urine, and thought on about his long time lover.

yoongi, what could hoseok say about him that couldn't be said about him from any stranger?

hoseok knew yoongi's favorite sandwich and his favorite movie. he knew how he likes his eggs in the morning and how big his dick is, but what else could he say about the shorter man?

yoongi didn't have much complex thought to him, hoseok established. there was nothing crazy and deep about his lover's personality or thoughts and that scared hoseok. if there is nothing deeper about a person, then what makes them a person?

what made yoongi humane? what made him any different from a monkey who's prime instinct is to live? what made him more than the kill or be killed lifestyle?

hoseok was scared. he was scared that he couldn't seem to find an answer. he was scared that he may have been dating a shell of a man. he was scared because perhaps he loved a mere shadow of human.

and he was certainly scared because,

what if he didn't know yoongi? what if yoongi had a deeper personality but hoseok was always too selfish to look closer? what if hoseok had failed his relationship?

what if he was the cause of everything?