XI

hoseok couldn't face himself in the mirror. his broken expression didn't fit into the myriad of clothing items lined up in the window of the tiny boutique at all.

if he were at home right now, yoongi would be arriving at home. he would place a kiss on hoseok's forehead and give him the same tired smile that he always had, but instead, jimin would be getting that treatment.

what had hoseok done wrong?

he always had felt that he had been a good enough boyfriend.
that he had been enough to add heat to the flames, but he wasn't.

hoseok couldn't help but feel that this was all his fault.

obviously he wasn't enough for yoongi. yoongi needed more from him, or else he would have never went and hooked up with jimin.

hoseok couldn't even bring himself to think about what kind of mischief that the two of them got up to while he wasn't around.

why hadn't yoongi just told him?

why hadn't his beloved boyfriend just confronted hoseok with all his concerns and had tried to insinuate a change?

he now had tears rolling down his honey-golden face. it was all too much.

the ending of his relationship,

the ending of his friendship,

the loss of anything solid that hoseok had.

everything was gone, and hoseok knew that he couldn't get it back. what was done was done.

yoongi was jimin's now.

he was no longer hoseok's sweet little dream that bounced and danced through the clouds.

he would never again say "I love you," to hoseok, for those were jimin's words to hear now.

hoseok would never be able to cherish the moments that he and his soulmate shared because hoseok wasn't enough.

hoseok's expression in the boutique window changed. his glass self was no longer sad, but now angry.

how could hoseok let this happen?

"hoseok?"

hoseok turns. of course it was him.

"yoongi."