X

"jimin?" hoseok's voice sounded through the apartment that jimin currently resided.

jimin slowly turned around to see that it was, in fact, jung hoseok was standing in the front doorway. he looked utterly torn.

"h-hoseok." jimin stuttered over his words as he stood up slowly off the couch.

why was hoseok here? sure, it was his apartment, but wasn't he supposed to be staying at a hotel?

"jimin, why the fuck are you here?" hoseok's eyes slowly turned from broken to a fiery anger in mere seconds.

i will stay ignited for the rest of my lifetime in the glory of your glowing inferno.

"i-," jimin tripped and fumbled over his words, afraid he may enrage the man who he couldn't help but love, "y-yoongi invited me over to uh, to help."

hoseok's eyebrows clenched as he stared into jimin with fury. tears didn't dare spill from the elders eyes, though jimin's eyes surely did. jimin was practically blubbering over himself as he stared at his one sided lover clench his fists, his knuckles turning white from the pressure.

"so i leave for one day, and you make a move on my fucking boyfriend?"

jimin gasps. hoseok thought that he was a

home-wrecker?

the love of jimin's life thought that he was so below his morals that he would dare try to ruin his relationship, how absolutely heartbreaking.

was hoseok right, though?

was jimin using yoongi for his own personal wants while not giving any thoughts to whether it would effect any others?

certainly not, right?

"h-hoseok. i never did anything with yoongi, i promise."

hoseok just stared at him. such vulgar hatred lying beneath his chocolate colored eyes that once held jimin captive.

"i trusted you." was all hoseok said, and it somehow hurt far more than any insult that hoseok could have sent his way.

"h-hoseok" jimin choked out through the sobs. what could he say to get his love to believe him? everything was set up perfectly, so how could he possibly turn this around?

"i was trying to h-" jimin takes in a large gulp of breath, "help him."

hoseok shook his head. "that's a," he takes a long pause, leaving jimin to only imagine what could possibly happen, "when you see y-yoongi, tell him we're over."

jimin's tears stop flowing. it was no longer about him anymore. it was about the potential now, and he had to fix it.

"hoseok, please listen." but hoseok was already making his way out of the apartment.

and then he left. and jimin was there alone.

to his own devices like before, but this time it wasn't so comfortable.

yoongi wouldn't be able to have the mint smell of the diffusers or warm glow of the fairy lights anymore unless,

unless jimin did something about it.

...

don't worry love, our rainbow will come soon enough