Chapter 6: Even In Death

HOWS IT GOING IM BACK WITH A NEW CHAPTER ITS ONLY BEEN LIKE, 7 YEARS. Or four months. Idk. But like, I have this new chapter, and it's over 6000 words alright. So you better worship me for this. By giving me lots of comments. :D

This chapter is a fricken roller coaster. Dear god. I accidentally spent like 4000 words on lunch, which had no real plot relevancy as far as I can tell, and lemme tell you, I was real tempted to just leave it there, but no, there's actual plot in this chapter. I promise.

>:D

______________________________________________________________________________________

Summary: A lot of things happen. Chocolate milk, storytelling, family bonding, and Tom getting really happy and then really not.

"We're back!" Harry stepped inside, holding hands with Tom and leading him back, as if to quell an underlying fear that he would leave again if he let go.

Instantly, the smell of spaghetti wafted through the house, reminding both Harry and Tom exactly how hungry they were.

"Welcome back, you two. Tom, dear, are you staying for lunch?" Lily asked, already setting out another plate before he'd answered.

At that point, Tom had no choice but to nod and accept, though he had no plans to deny the offer in the first place. "Thank you. It smells wonderful."

Harry led Tom over to an extra chair. He squeezed his hand just a bit tighter, then finally dropped it-the first time since they'd had their talk. Danny immediately pushed a drink over to Tom's seat, then got Harry's and his own, concealing a hidden smirk inside a bright smile.

Tom stared at the cup. "It.. has a straw."

"It does," Harry agreed, also staring at the innocent straw in a bit of awe.

The straw was plastic-one of those colored straws with shapes in the loops, which happened to be pink and hearts this time. The drink itself looked to be chocolate milk, obviously courtesy of Danny's innocent question to him earlier. Harry didn't even know they had straws.

Neither Harry nor Tom found anything wrong with the drink as a whole, but they had both known him when he'd been an insane Dark Lord who had tried, and succeeded in other cases, to murder Harry's entire family. For Tom to be drinking something so.. innocent and pure, it was almost ironic. They could tell stories to people about how the chosen boy from the prophecy gave the Dark Lord chocolate milk with a straw shaped like hearts.

Tom took a sip, as if nothing was wrong or out of place. Harry was failing to hold back a laugh, and only when Tom caught Harry's eyes did his blank face fail him and he started laughing too, almost spilling the milk he'd just drank.

The rest of the family soon appeared and Tom and Harry quickly quieted their laughter, though some snickers still snuck through. Danny sat down on the other side of Harry, his usual spot, giving Tom a knowing smile when he'd seen the cup just a bit more empty.

James walked into the room last, after everybody else had already sat down, and immediately just stopped in his tracks.

"It has a straw."

"It does," Tom agreed, keeping a straight face again.

Tom picked up the drink again and sipped it through the straw, making straw noises purposely, and never breaking eye contact with James. James only stared, watching the Dark Lord drink from a pink heart straw.

Danny and Harry were on the verge of laughing, but somehow managed not to. The rest of the family had no idea how to respond to any of this, so they just continued watching, waiting for something to happen.