Chapter 7: The Forgotten

:0 A new chapter!!! It's only been like four months, so. I've been really busy, alright?? I got a job, and I'm looking at colleges, and I also posted another new fanfic that's honestly the best idea ever tbh and a lot has been going on.

Anywayssss, more insight into the twins!!!!! Hoorah!!!! Man I love the twins so much.

Also for those of you who thought Danny is evil: fight me.

:D I hope u enjoy!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Summary: Tom reveals some unsettling thoughts and the twins are forced to actually act their age.

 "Tom, kneel."

Tom had expected something like this. He considered Danny's order, briefly entertaining the thought of disobeying, but easily decided not to. He'd been ready for the possibility of anything, and if Danny wanted to humiliate him, he had no qualms with it. Humiliation was expected, and pain more so.

Tom gracefully sunk to his knees, looking down at the ground, not daring to look Danny in the eyes. He didn't need Harry's brother to like him, but he wanted to be on good terms with Harry's family. If Harry's family didn't like him, he'd be more likely to upset them. And if something were to happen that would make Harry choose between his family and him, Tom already knew the choice wouldn't be him.

Danny wasn't moving, and if his goal was to make Tom nervous, it was definitely working. He could feel Danny's eyes staring at him, looking him up and down, but Tom wasn't really sure what he was looking for. Either way, he didn't move an inch, even though his knees were starting to ache from the hard floor and his body was already protesting the possibility of being tortured, trying to force him from the ground and away from the danger. But still, he didn't move.

Danny reached an arm out, and Tom flinched back unintentionally.

The arm paused, halfway outstretched, and Tom risked a glance upwards, looking just as confused as he felt. The cold glare had seemed to vanish from Danny's face, leaving only a fierce determination, but Tom wasn't naive enough to believe the hatred had left, just like that. Danny had every reason to hate him—to take revenge—so there was no reason for him to pass up such a perfect opportunity.

Danny's amber eyes connected with Tom's blood red ones, and Danny's face quirked into his common soft smile, despite the determination in his eyes never leaving.

In the next moment, Danny reached his hand out and flicked him on the forehead. Tom's hands automatically went up to rub the small sting, but other than that, it didn't hurt. No pain seeping through his entire body, no draining of all energy, not even a hint of magical residue.

Just.. a normal flick.

Tom knew his face was adorned with the most confused look, which didn't deter Danny's soft smile at all. His hands were back to his side, as if he had no further punishment to dish out, which Tom didn't believe at all. Why waste such a perfect chance to exact revenge?

"I don't.. I'm not happy with the fact you kidnapped my brother, nor the reasons why you did it. Harry may be immortal, but.. I'm not. I'm not immortal. Our time together is limited," Danny started, avoiding Tom's gaze. He kept his voice quiet, as if warding off the pain that threatened to seep through. "I hate that you took away some of that time from us. From Harry."

"Then do something about it. You don't need to hold back on my account." Tom was almost proud of how steady his voice was.

Danny didn't say anything for a while. He was avoiding Tom's gaze, until, suddenly, he looked over, with an unreadable expression in his eyes.